News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fennario, Woolly Bugger and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Onslow

Quoteit was hotter that two rats fucking in a wool sock,

Uh, serves you right for sticking your wanker in some low altitude touron tailwater n!n  Were you wearing waders ?:P

Woolly Bugger

I've been working and wankin in a cube on the 14th floor of the concrete bunker for the last month. The project is nearing completion, so when they said no work to be done on Friday, I headed up the road for some trout time. Two peckerheads were in the parking lot when I arrived, so I tagged 'em with a sticker! Walked across the field, hotter than a half-fucked fox in a forest fire!  <-;: Got to my spot and dumped my vest and tried to cool off in the muggy shade. Some dude was standing in the tail of my pool. I moved on up and whacked a few before low holing him. The fish stopped rising for a while and I moved around a bit before approaching the pool from a different angle. That angle proved to be effective and I caught fish after fish while standing balls deep in the cold water.  Smith on fire.... at least for a little bit. Left the river around two, just before the water arrived.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

He arrived before me. That dude lost his fly box and was working his way down to find it. 
His box floated almost to me in my honey hole and got hung up just upstream. I retrieved it.
And we fished unwittingly towards each other for the exchange. 
He was a happy guy. His ties were awesome. 
Got a few reward flies. V:;

Reminded me to put my name and # on ALL my boxes.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on July 10, 2015, 19:05:05 PM
That dude lost his fly box and was working his way down to find it. 
His ties were awesome. 
Got a few reward flies. V:;

Might be nice ties, but he wasn't catching too many of dem smiff brownz -- he complained about losing $300 worth of flies as he headed on down. Good on you for collecting 'em...
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Dougfish

Nobody tops the Bugger.  bd;0

Big J

Hey Doug, where is my list of poisons for the war this weekend?

Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Had some time to kill, went back for more Pune punishment. This time I brought some beerz.

Ran into a couple of fellows from Roanoke, they knew of Mundflap and the younger one told me how Muddy had given him a fly on the Smith and told him "not to leave it in his fly box" so he was fishing that fly, a comparadun he also had some luck with beetles.

As I'm taking to this fellow as he's munching on a sandwich, he says that his best fish of the day was 13 and a half inches. Pretty accurate for a streamside measureguesstimate.  So, I show him the above picture of the 12" (maybe twelve and a half) brown that I had just caught. He was amazed and said, "Wow, what a beautiful fish, that's a great brown." which left me to believe his measurement must have be in dick inches.

Some visitors on the river...

Things slowed way down after 4 o'clock. Couldn't get a trout to rise, so I did a little streamside meditation and drank a beer or two.
Around seven, the other fishermen left the stream and shortly later, more bugs started popping off, sulfurs, bwos, and a few yellow drakes. I don't remember the sulfur hatch lasting this late in the year and was a bit puzzled by bwos. The bugs were collecting in some of the back eddies and the trouts began munching on the surface once again. It was a great way to end the day. 

me -There's a season?

Al

Phone or camera you're doing good Woolly.  ---  I remember way back when I first started posting about the Smith you told me there were no fish there and I should drive 100 miles more to the Holston :o.  Bigger fish maybe, but it will be awhile yet before we have to "take a number" to get a spot to fish our favorite run.

Woolly Bugger

@Al, if you read the unedited report with all of the autocorrect words you would understand what I meant by "should not post from phone"

All good now, I hope.... I half expect to run into you up there...
me -There's a season?

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 12, 2015, 10:02:46 AM
@Al, if you read the unedited report with all of the autocorrect words you would understand what I meant by "should not post from phone"

All good now, I hope.... I half expect to run into you up there...

Hope to head up on Thursday.  Going to see if any of those we sampled a couple weeks ago will fall for a bigger version of the Allieworm. :o  If not I have a couple other secrets in my arsenal.

Dee-Vo

Looking good Woolly. I had a couple kayakers come by me the last time I hit that river.

Dougfish

Pull up a chair. Get a beverage. Hey, I'm buying.
Now let Uncle Dougfish tell you a story. A life lesson really.
You wanna fish a tailwater river? Well, you see, they have theses websites and phone numbers you can use to see when they do and when they don't let biblical amounts of water out into the river downstream. Do as I say, not as I do. CALL THE FUCKING NUMBER!

I knew they were going to do some "mini" releases for the paddle folks on the weekends. Hell, they did it two weeks ago, I checked.
Today? No check. I get there at a few minutes before 8, suit up and head for the river. There is one vehicle in the lot w/NC tags. I head downstream looking for him(s) and locate him above the trestle pool.

I am sneaking by and he spots me. Turns out to be the fellow I fished with back in May. (We had a slooow day then, bad omen)
I headed down further and tied on the winner. Three casts, fish. 103 casts later, another small fish. 303 casts later (and fourteen fly changes) another small fish. I lost track of the dude around the bend. Waded in to take a piss and left my shit on a big rock. Finished my bidnesss, turned around and thought "The water is coming up?". I gathered my shit, pulled out a sammie and brew and headed upstream. Fuck, it really is coming up. I get up to where I can see him about 100 yds. upstream and standing in waist deep water. I yelled, he heard, and with deft hand signals I advised him to get the fuck out of the river. We hit the tracks back to the cars. 6 dinks between us. Dial the number, 10-2 releases, Sat. and Sun.  Fuck me.

He went home, I headed down below Bassett to take some more lashes. Missed a couple, then broke off the would-be brownie of the summer.
Guess who forgot to cut off his 6x.  b';
Drank a couple of solace beers and headed home.
At least I have bodacious leftovers for dinner.

Flowers and reptile. That's all I got.

Phlox

Bearsfoot

Trumpetvine

Turtle of the box. Orange version.

Tools, '50's vintage

Fuck me.

Dee-Vo

Sweet. At least you, and the other dude didn't have to swim.

Woolly Bugger

You shoulda swung a streamer in that rec flow, jis say'in
me -There's a season?