News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

River Rights Insanity!

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 24, 2013, 19:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

A Missouri man is being charged with second-degree murder after shooting a man from a float group that he claims to have found on his property.

Thomas Dart Jr. and several friends and family members had stopped on a gravel bar on the Meramec River, near Steelville, when property owner James Robert Crocker emerged with a handgun and confronted the group about trespassing, beginning an argument that ended wtih Crocker shooting Dart in the face at close range.

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Missouri-Man-Shoots-River-Runner.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

This kind of stuff is all kinds of fucked up and sad.

wind_knot

Another reason I am glad I carry concealed. May not always be practical and I may never get the chance to draw, but the next person behind me will and avenge my death!  ;D

benben reincarnated

Quote from: wind_knot on July 24, 2013, 20:49:32 PM
Another reason I am glad I carry concealed. May not always be practical and I may never get the chance to draw, but the next person behind me will and avenge my death!  ;D

I hope you are more responsible with your handgun than James Robert Crocker.

wind_knot

7 years military training on top of a life time of family (not redneck) responsibility. I consider myself and my wife safe with firearms. Watch out boys, she's packin a .380!

matrat118

I can see something like this happening on the Jackson here in Va.
"I have laid aside business and gone a-fishing"... Izaak walton

sanjuanwormhatch

Surprised we don't hear about stories like this more often.  Some crazy idiots out there. 

DRIFTS

Quote from: matrat118 on July 24, 2013, 20:56:14 PM
I agree, the Jackson will be the next shooting incident, I'll just stay in the boat! >:(
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

cmiller51h

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: DRIFTS on July 25, 2013, 05:09:02 AM
I agree, the Jackson will be the next shooting incident, I'll just stay in the boat! >:(

What a dumb assed conjecture!!  The Jackson will not be the next shooting incident like this.  I'm betting we'll be all be worm bait before there is another FU on the water like this one.

And why in the hell would one of the river-runners stoop over for a couple of rocks?  Get back in the boat and depart; address the situation/altercation later, properly. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

DRIFTS

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 25, 2013, 19:32:56 PM
Quote from: DRIFTS on July 25, 2013, 05:09:02 AM

What a dumb assed conjecture!!  The Jackson will not be the next shooting incident like this.  I'm betting we'll be all be worm bait before there is another FU on the water like this one.

And why in the hell would one of the river-runners stoop over for a couple of rocks?  Get back in the boat and depart; address the situation/altercation later, properly.
I'm glad you are able to more accurately predict the future of the Jackson's hotbed than dumb asses like us.  I feel much safer. bd;0
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: DRIFTS on July 26, 2013, 06:31:08 AM
I'm glad you are able to more accurately predict the future of the Jackson's hotbed than dumb asses like us.  I feel much safer. bd;0

I didn't call you a dumb ass; I said your inference was dumb assed.  On occasion, I have trouble reading as well. 

If any of you get snuffed out on the Jackson, I will admit my wrong, and I will respond to your demise in the fashion of Mark Twain
-   phrase attributed to Twain: " I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 26, 2013, 07:32:10 AM
If any of you get snuffed out on the Jackson, I will admit my wrong, and I will respond to your demise in the fashion of Mark Twain
-   phrase attributed to Twain: " I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

'c;

And THAT is why Mark Twain was a badass.

Michael Toris

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I would like to openly apologize to Drifts.  I was just being a dumb assed tool last evening and on this fine Friday morning.  My comments were totally uncalled for.  I should reserve such remarks for the NC, SC, and GA boys (please note the intentional exclusion of TN).  My bad Drifts!!