News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

more after-work fishing

Started by benben, May 27, 2011, 20:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Peter and I were lucky enough to get off work early for an early start to the holiday weekend.  We hit up a stream, his choice, fairly close by.

It was overcast, water was clear despite the recent rain, and fish were fast and spooky.  Fishing was a little slow, between the both of us we got about 15 fish, only got our hands on about half of them.  I think we spent more time navigating up stream and pulling flies out of trees then we did fishing.  Peter got a few brookies, I was able to snap a pic of one them.  Fun times had by all.  I'm giving fishing a break...until Monday.   -0- 

Can anybody id what this thing is?

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

one of Peter's brookies:
[attach=4]

one of my bows (I got a couple of bigger ones that got off of course before I could snap a pic):
[attach=5]

peter p

I hadn't fished this stream in a few years.  I dont' recall catching brookies on it before.  I remember only rainbows.  Now we need to hike a little further and see what we can find. 
Peter

Phil

Nice, guys. Pretty little tight stream, brookies and wild rainbows.  That's what I'm talking about.  'c;

Love 'em, yes I do.

Trout Maharishi

Better keep your eye on that Peter P fellow. :D He'll steal your spot and quietly proceed to vacuum the stream while you are hung up, or trying to change flies or something. :D Only reason I put up with him is he usually brings some good brews and has a good sense of humor for a YANKEE! :D All except for the time I thought I was going to have to kick Larry the Cable guys ass over his smart ass remarks :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lostnwilderness

The dynamic duo strikes again!
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

peter p

Peter

benben reincarnated

Fair enough Peter.  As long as I get to drive this:

[attach=1]

We could hit up some sweet blue lines in this thing.   -0-