Smith River TU Meet, Thurs, Mar 5th, 2009

Started by Al, February 18, 2009, 10:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited will meet at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville, on Thursday, March 5, 2009, at 6:30pm. The program for the evening includes the opportunity for networking, swapping of tall tales, and an update on the current status of the Philpott / Smith River 216 Study by USACE Conservation Biologist Mary Lawson. We will also discuss chapter activities which are planned for the spring and summer months.

You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business)   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

Rania's provides us with a meeting space with the expectation that the majority of attendees will purchase a meal. (Good food, moderate prices).  Address is 147 E. Main St., Martinsville, VA  24112. It is in old or historic district of Martinsville known as uptown as it sits on a hill.

For information contact Chapter Pres B.J. Walker, (434) 728-1419 bjfireresq@embarqmail.com  Secy Al Kittredge, (910) 868-5235 aakitt@earthlink.net or check our website for more details and directions.  www.smithrivertu.com 

Al

Just a reminder that SRTU will be meeting this coming Thursday, March 5th. Good chance to meet some of the "Smith River Regulars" - Lot's of good things going on this year. You should be a part of it.

rjs123

Al,

Will there be a meeting in April or will the fly tying class take its place?  I want to join and attend the next meeting. I plan to attend the flying tying class too on April 11th.

troutrus

Quote from: rjs123 on March 26, 2009, 11:47:37 AM
Al,

Will there be a meeting in April or will the fly tying class take its place?  I want to join and attend the next meeting. I plan to attend the flying tying class too on April 11th.

I'm not Al. I think he's up your way today. Here's a schedule of events for Smith River TU

Note: March 28th cleanup has been cancelled.

http://www.smithrivertu.com/Calendar.html