News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Saturday on the Smith

Started by 5xTippett, October 10, 2010, 15:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I  had a cold all week and I was starting to feel a little better this Friday.  I decided to sleep  late Saturday morning and head North.  I filled up with gas in Ridgeway around two and headed on to Bassett.  I had already decided that this was probably going to be my last fling with beetles this year, so I was going to ignore everything else and stick with my guns.  It was close to three when I climbed in the water and finally started fishing.  I caught fish steadily until I got back to where I had left my car about 6:15 or so.   I decided to head on home rather than risk a relapse on my cold.  Every bridge I crossed on the way home had so many fish rising to midges it looked like rain.  I thought about stopping and switching rods and fishing midges, but I decided to save the midges for another day.  I had a pretty good three hours, so what the heck.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

rjs123

Good job Ben!

I had a tough time catching them on nymphs. Got a few Saturday though.  I wish I would have had some of the midges that WB posted to my previous post.  I caught a couple on one of my beetles.  If I had one of yours maybe I would have done better :)

Youre right about them rising everywhere to midges.  It was crazy at times.

jwgnc

That's a buncha beautiful browns  'c; 'c; 'c;
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

The Townsend beetle strikes again ;D >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Al

Good job Ben.  Was the river crowded?  They stocked a few days ago and my guess is a lot of the locals were visiting the fish market.

5xTippett

I saw one guy Al, and he was fishing with a fly rod.  I did see two deer carcass.  You know anything about that? -0- -0-

Al

Quote from: 5xTippett on October 10, 2010, 21:54:30 PM
I saw one guy Al, and he was fishing with a fly rod.  I did see two deer carcass.  You know anything about that? -0- -0-

Wasn't me!  Bow season recently started up there and they could have been deer that someone shot but could not locate. >:D Dirty little secret among bow hunters is that some (not many, thank God) do not wait for a good shot and worse yet, don't spend much time looking for the deer.  Things can go wrong and we have all make poor shots but you owe it to the deer to try your darnedest to prevent it from happening.