News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutrus on February 26, 2020, 19:15:20 PMSaltmarsh, where nature nurtures. My favorite ecosystem, and this light/fun read took me there.
You cannot view this attachment.

https://amzn.to/39hAxKI

I'm looking forward to reading that one. On my list...

Woolly Bugger

I have no idea why it's taken me so long to get around to reading this  :P You cannot view this attachment.

https://amzn.to/2IsXW00
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 06, 2020, 17:21:47 PMI have no idea why it's taken me so long to get around to reading this  :P You cannot view this attachment.

https://amzn.to/2IsXW00

Read that ages ago. Wow.

Dee-Vo

This makes the third book by Kenn Kaufman that I've read. Always very enjoyable. 🦅

The sheer magnitude of feats performed by migrating avian life on a normal basis is nothing less than amazing. And to think that it is overlooked and unnoticed by the vast majority of people is even more amazing. 📚

And this is but a tiny sliver of nature and its miracles.

Looking forward to more work from Mr. Kaufman.You cannot view this attachment.

Dee-Vo

Out of all the King work I've read thus far, I think this one is the most 'out there' novel yet, besides maybe 'The Gunslinger.'

This was the first I'd read of Peter Straub, this convergence of these two accomplished authors' minds is pretty amazing.

The first 200-300 pages were tough to wrap my mind around, however, after a break for other reading, this was excellent.
#flip #stephenking #peterstraub #thetalisman #territories

Beetle

I am reading this.  It's a doomsday book about an EMP / nuke strike.    Based in Black Mountain.    A friend told me "I had to read it"

I don't do novels and can't say this one is going to change my opinion of them.   

Phil

If it has a foreword by Newt, I'm probably not gonna like it.

Dougfish

On a side note...
Watched "It's a Disaster" yesterday. Good dark comedy about couple's interactions during a nerve gas dirty bomb attack.
Got "Dr. Strangelove" que'd up on the computer for tomorrow. One of the best movies, ever.

Finishing up reading Rick Wilson's "Running Against The Devil". Good read and battle plan. And chuckles. 
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutrus

"You're bound to get idears if you go thinkin' about stuff" j.s.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Beetle on April 05, 2020, 18:16:22 PMI am reading this.  It's a doomsday book about an EMP / nuke strike.    Based in Black Mountain.    A friend told me "I had to read it"

I don't do novels and can't say this one is going to change my opinion of them.   

I read that entire trilogy about a year or so ago. I enjoyed all three books big time.

Woolly Bugger

Along with new wading boots, this came in the mail yesterday

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

greg

Have you read any yet? I'm getting ready to order. Got my last one from bob with light Cahill.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: greg on April 12, 2020, 18:54:04 PMHave you read any yet? I'm getting ready to order. Got my last one from bob with light Cahill.

First chapter "Home Waters" just like me and the Smith except he live in Colorado  p;-
me -There's a season?

troutrus

"When you learn, teach, when you get, give". -Maya Angelou

driver

A 1956 classic.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login