News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Watauga TR

Started by LivinOnTheFly, April 16, 2010, 14:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivinOnTheFly

I floated Watauga yesterday with a couple dudes. It was my first trip there since the weather warmed up, and the maiden voyage in the new Clackster. We started off about 10am and got into a few of these,
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

then the water surge hit us and shut the feesh down for a bit. The water was still pretty low, it looked like this.

We caught a couple in the muddy water, then after a couple hours it started to clear up and the bite was on again.

The boat did kickass and looked pretty good on the water if I do say so myself. All in all it was a great day on the water, and I couldn't have been happier with the drifter.

Not at the table Carlos!

troutphisher

Sounds and looks like a nice day on the water, cool skiff too..... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

any caddis coming off yet?
Peter

Woolly Bugger

me wants to go to the caddis riffles
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

LivinOnTheFly

Ya there are caddis comin off, just not in the numbers you would expect this time of year. We only got 2 fish off of dries all day. We fished the caddis riffle hard for a couple hours and did well, but it was all subsurface. I only saw one take on top in the run, and he ate a big ol sulfur.
Not at the table Carlos!

Trout Maharishi

Nice work LOTF, you suck. Now get back to work so you can make some money to pay for the boat and pay some taxes.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

LivinOnTheFly

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 16, 2010, 20:18:03 PM
Nice work LOTF, you suck. Now get back to work so you can make some money to pay for the boat and pay some taxes.

Boat=Paid fo!  Work=The hospital decided i was expendable, sucks bein the low man on the totem pole. I'm feeshn and got my Grandpas cabinetry/framing shop runnin again. Gonna be my own boss for a while and see how it plays out. I'll probably still pay a lil bit of taxes though.  0--0
Not at the table Carlos!

kylemc

Get Bent

Sweet ride.. Glad you were able to find what you were looking for. Yeah the caddis are not out in force yet, those fuckers were thick last year.

;hb
Konichiwa Bitches!