Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagaluffaguss

How bout it RB and PT?

or anyone else.

Hell Instagram  and I-Phone if ya want.

Im just tired of looking at fish.

Big J

I'll play even though I'm no where near professional or even amateur.  Here are some pictures I took messing around in the snow with the Canon.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

snagaluffaguss

My humble offerings.  I'm starting this with the hopes that the big guns will drop in and throw up some shots.  Wouldn't mind seeing some of BRA's Trains and Graffiti as well.  I bet ODA's got something to add.  Might get some surprises from the more quite members too.

snagaluffaguss

J,

Ive heard that shooting white on white (the snow) is  the toughest composure to get right.  I hope I can find some to play with maybe up on the  parkway on Wednesday.

Big J

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on March 25, 2013, 19:20:34 PM
J,

Ive heard that shooting white on white (the snow) is  the toughest composure to get right. 

That's what I've been told.  The pictures are a little dull.  I've been wanting to take a photography class at a local college, but I don't have the time.

benben reincarnated

My contributions...

snagaluffaguss

Nicely done Ben,

I like the Columns and Light

Quote from: Big J on March 25, 2013, 19:33:52 PM
J,

Ive heard that shooting white on white (the snow) is  the toughest composure to get right. 

That's what I've been told.  The pictures are a little dull.  I've been wanting to take a photography class at a local college, but I don't have the time.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

croaker

I ain't in the RB or PT class...

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

_Fish_Pimp

Ill put up some race car pics...if anyone likes those. its just something different. the treehuggers definitely will not enjoy  /'/

Im bored..hope yall dont mind the bad quality..
[attach=2]
[attach=1]
[attach=3]
[attach=4]
[attach=5]
[attach=6]
[attach=7]
[attach=9]
[attach=8]
[attach=10]
[attach=11]
[attach=12]
[attach=13]
I threw in a few crappy pics from this past year...100 dollar fuji waterproof camera..

benben reincarnated

J,

Ive heard that shooting white on white (the snow) is  the toughest composure to get right.  I hope I can find some to play with maybe up on the  parkway on Wednesday.

One of the issues you are always going to have with snow from a photographic composition standpoint is contrast.  There just isn't much contrast, everything is white.  It is similar to taking pictures of green leaved mountains in the summer sun versus those same mountains in the fall, you need color contrast to make everything pop and give photos some depth.

sanjuanwormhatch

I got some I can post later.  Good idea.

Big J

Thanks for that link snag.  I know what I'll be spending a couple hours tonight doing  ;D

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: benben on March 26, 2013, 06:37:39 AM
J,

One of the issues you are always going to have with snow from a photographic composition standpoint is contrast.  There just isn't much contrast, everything is white.  It is similar to taking pictures of green leaved mountains in the summer sun versus those same mountains in the fall, you need color contrast to make everything pop and give photos some depth.

^THIS

Was what I meant to say.

Composure? What the fuck is composure? A mix of composition and exposure?  Those Black-Smiths had me a better hold on me than I thought last night.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

".......we model the behavior we teach, that is, we respond respectfully and kindly through words, modeling composure, cooperation, and compassion."

I believe composure is part of the Baptist Doctrine.   But, what the heck do I know?!?!?  I am still trying to figure out that dinosaur, fossil, human, and star nexus. 

Some of you take very interesting photos.  I enjoy!!!!!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

snagaluffaguss