News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Good one about some top notch scam artists.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

Scams scams scams.  A movie about the Sackler family is needed.  Tammy Faye was a conspicuous person whom most know much about, but the Sackler family is a different matter.

20 years from now, I suspect retrospectives will be produced on the whole child transgender scam.

Woolly Bugger

I was fascinated by the story of clockmaker John Harrison creating a timepiece that was accurate enough for longitudinal navigation at sea.

Trailer...

full movie

I ran across this BBC history of the world episode on the clock that changed the world.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

One of the greatest inventions of all time. A sextant will tell you your approxamate latuide when measured a dusk and dawn, but you need that clock to determine exactly where you are.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Went to my first Movie since the pandemic hit.

Really enjoyed ELVIS

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 25, 2022, 08:23:54 AMWent to my first Movie since the pandemic hit.

Really enjoyed ELVIS

Elvis fan here. I heard it was really good and Austin Butler is a genius. Hoping to see it soon.

Onslow

I was here this morning.

You cannot view this attachment.

By the way,  Memphis is awesome.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 04, 2022, 09:25:56 AMI was fascinated by the story of clockmaker John Harrison creating a timepiece that was accurate enough for longitudinal navigation at sea.

Trailer...

full movie

I ran across this BBC history of the world episode on the clock that changed the world.

Speaking of time...

The super-clocks that define what time it is https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220721-the-super-clocks-that-define-what-time-it-is
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Onoda: 10,000 Nights in the Jungle, a movie was released in 2021 and won many awards at film festivals.
It's a fictionalized account of Hiroo Onoda, one of the last holdouts Japanese soldiers of WWII. He didn't surrender until his former commander was flown into the Philippine Island of Lubang to issue direct orders to Onoda. When he finally returned to Japan he was treated as a hero.

Onoda: 10,000 Nights in the Jungle is only available with a UK ip address and streamed through vimeo, so fire up your VPN to watch it.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/onoda10000?autoplay=1

But he was no hero to the people of Lubang

Watch this 9-minute trailer for the documentary Searching for Onoda, which, I think, is still in production.

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Another Ken Burns masterpiece. Available on PBS.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Caught up on some movie watching and hit the jackpot.

This one far exceeded my expectations. Highly entertaining, and some very well written serious lines as well. No Western contrived PC bullshit here.

I highly dislike Its A Wonderful Life.  This one much better suited for the holiday season.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

trout-r-us

Lest we forget.
The pilot and first episode were intriguing
New episodes Monday nights on National Geographic, or streaming on Disney+ and Hulu.

― Heraclitus