News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SRTU CAMP OUT

Started by Trout Maharishi, April 01, 2022, 20:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Are you guys going to have a camp out at Beetree again this year? Any dates or contact info? I've always wanted to fish that area but have limited knowledge. :wave
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

After seeing the brookies bug man caught I knew I needed to go.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Should I switch my chapter membership to SRTU? I haven't head anything from the contact person yet. I need to check the email address again. I may have typed in something wrong.
― Charles Bukowski

Al

We'd love to have you Steve. I switched many, many years ago and have not looked back.

Doug is the point man on the Beartree trip. I think he is currently a bit under the weather. If he does not respond soon let me know and I will try to help you out. (As far as I know there are still slots open)

Trout Maharishi

― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

I looked to see if I could reserve a site for myself because I like to sleep in my work vehicle "the candy van". Looks like there's only one loop open and it's first come first served till about mid may. I may call the ranger station in the morning and see what the deal is. I may be able to show up early Friday morning. I also know a guy who was a campground host at one of these campgrounds in the area last year, I can't remember which one, Grindstone maybe? Is anyone taking a drift boat or raft? I'm think about pulling my raft.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Quote from: Al on April 03, 2022, 21:19:24 PMWe'd love to have you Steve. I switched many, many years ago and have not looked back.

Doug is the point man on the Beartree trip. I think he is currently a bit under the weather. If he does not respond soon let me know and I will try to help you out. (As far as I know there are still slots open)

Hi Al. I'm fine. Trip is full.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Dougfish on April 04, 2022, 06:11:50 AM
Quote from: Al on April 03, 2022, 21:19:24 PMWe'd love to have you Steve. I switched many, many years ago and have not looked back.

Hi Al. I'm fine. Trip is full.

WOW the first email I saw from Keith was dated April 2 and it was showing some spots. Hate I couldn't reach anyone. Well ah shucks that was one of the reasons I was looking at getting my own site. I was surprised I couldn't reserve one. Were you guys able to reserve the 2 you have? Am I missing something? Now I guess I'll have to just show up early Friday. Any overflow is welcomd to stay at my site. Do you guys know what site you'll be at? See you guys up there! Who else is going?
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Is anyone else going to take their dog?
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

OH BOY! -+;  :drum  :cheers  It's nice to have friends. I called my friend that was a campground host last year and he gave me the scoop on reservations. He also invited me to stay with him and told me he only lives about 20 minutes away. The reservations for the season don't start until April 6 at 10am. I found the Beetree campground site and I guess I'll see at 10 if I can make the reservations. Should be cheap to since I got my senior pass. I think half price. Anyone else want me to use my pass to pick up another cheap site? https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232384?tab=seasons
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

That was easy, I'm all set.
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Bought a new pop up canopy for car camping. I think side wall and screen will come in handy this summer.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Anyone going early? Looks like it might be a wet one.
― Charles Bukowski