News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cellular Service...

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 24, 2021, 11:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I've been with ATT for decades. I hated the high price and was never thrilled with the service.

Enter Mint Mobile. Plans start at $15 / month, I choose 10 GB plan for $20 --- Sign up now and get Three Free Months ..

so in total it cost me $72 for 6 months of service, tax tags incl.

A friend told me about them 5 years ago... I wish i had switched then...

They run on the T-Mobile network.

check 'em out http://fbuy.me/s3ip7 there is also a free 7 day trial... d:b

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

Amazing ain't it?

I used Verizon for years. Was paying ~$125/mo for two phones with 5 gigs of data.
Took a hard look about 6 mo ago and realized we use <2 gb total per month. Switched to Spectrum Mobile. Two phones sharing 2gb for $28/mo total includes fees and taxes.
Makes me feel foolish for sticking with Verizon all that time. 🤔
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

troutboy_II

Quote from: trout-r-us on November 24, 2021, 12:15:49 PMAmazing ain't it?

I used Verizon for years. Was paying ~$125/mo for two phones with 5 gigs of data.
Took a hard look about 6 mo ago and realized we use <2 gb total per month. Switched to Spectrum Mobile. Two phones sharing 2gb for $28/mo total includes fees and taxes.
Makes me feel foolish for sticking with Verizon all that time. 🤔

And they use Verizon towers...
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Dougfish

Was a loyal US Cellular for 20+ years. Latest plan was $80/mo. seriously, I loved them. But......
Switched to Mint. Paiying $60 for 3 mos, with 3 mos free. So, 6 mos for $60. Unlimited calls, 10 Gb data/mo.
Gonna renew in June for 12 mos. $240/12mos. meanwhile, I'll switch my wife's Verizon over.
I'll get a $100 referral credit. So, 18 mos for $200.
That dog will hunt.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

I've used several over the years. I've yet to see any worth the payment.

Carolina West was the best in my area, I have to say. I have ATT now. It's okay.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on January 02, 2022, 20:37:37 PMI've used several over the years. I've yet to see any worth the payment.

Carolina West was the best in my area, I have to say. I have ATT now. It's okay.

I'm really liking my Mint Mobile... not missing the price gouging by AT&T  d:b
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

I'm still on Mint Mobile — no complaints $20 / month 10 GB

If you are interested in saving some money check them out

Switch to Mint Mobile already and stop spending so much on your wireless plan. Add my phone number at checkout and you'll get $15 in renewal credit, or just use this referral link. Then use the money you save to buy me lunch or something (as a thank you).
http://fbuy.me/thKm0
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

n!n cell service!

I had to get a new flip phone.  The old flip did not have enough g or whatever.  I hardly use the damn thing anyway; the family makes me own one. I decline to link up to our home wifi like the Mrs.  The last intrusion I want at home is cell calls or texts.  Call on the landline, send a letter, send a smoke signal, or come see me.  Email may or may not work because I sometimes do a mass delete; I've not fully warmed to that technology.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 21, 2022, 11:10:03 AMn!n cell service!

I had to get a new flip phone.  The old flip did not have enough g or whatever.  I hardly use the damn thing anyway; the family makes me own one. I decline to link up to our home wifi like the Mrs.  The last intrusion I want at home is cell calls or texts.  Call on the landline, send a letter, send a smoke signal, or come see me.  Email may or may not work because I sometimes do a mass delete; I've not fully warmed to that technology.

Sounds like your old flip phone hung around you for too long and was unable to find the correct location of the g spot.  That there was the issue.  The g spot can be difficult to find, especially when it hangs around others that g spot deniers like yourself Mudwall.  It's only a matter of time before your new flip phone gets old and outdated and falls into the ways of it's owner.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

2x on Mint.
I'm on the $25, 15 gb plan.
T-mobile coverage.
 :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on September 21, 2022, 19:47:10 PM2x on Mint.
I'm on the $25, 15 gb plan.
T-mobile coverage.
 :Dance

I'm $20/10gb and usually have just enough, I plan ahead and download podcast on wi-fi instead of streaming while on the road.
I may bump my plan up at renewal next year. :drum
me -There's a season?

Phil

T-Mobile, AT&T and Consumer Cellular all suck here in the mountains where I live. Virtually useless. I'm still on Verizon (and even have to have a signal booster in my house) and pay out the Wazoo. I'm gonna check into the new Spectrum deal -- IF it'll work here in Blowing Rock. We're in some kind of dead spot.

Woolly Bugger

[/quote]
Quote from: Phil on September 22, 2022, 18:51:51 PMI'm gonna check into the new Spectrum deal

Spectrum Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) on the Verizon Wireless Network,

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

So I've been with Mint for 14 months on the 10GB $20 a month plan. Very happy with the service and coverage (it uses the T-mobile network)

On occasion I would run low on data at the end of the month. But could manage for a day or two at limited speed. Now I just got a notice that Mint is changing my plan to 15GB a month for the same price, $20 a month.  d:b

Switch to Mint Mobile already and stop spending so much on your wireless plan. Add my phone number at checkout and you'll get $15 in renewal credit, or just use this referral link. Then use the money you save to buy me lunch or something (as a thank you).
http://fbuy.me/thKm0

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?