News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

My Slam with The Fledgling Trouter (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, April 22, 2018, 17:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Several months back I took my young friend on some bluelines and all he got was some monstrous blisters. You may recall that report.

Today, we would have revenge!

After numerous rainbows to the net, this brown rocketed out from his shadowy lair. Jumping and rolling made a good show. First brown here for myself.

The young gun was still trying for his first ever trout. And seconds later he drags in his first: a native brookie. Small, but what a great first trout.

Zach landed some rainbows to go with his brookies. I got the slam with many 'bows and brookies and the lone small stream Leroy. Great outing to say the least. He's hooked. All it took was that brown to murder my fly and begin jumping and he lit up. Until next time.....

Onslow

This is truly a special time of year to be on the water.  Looking good there for sure. 

While you're enjoying life, I"m sinking deeper into a vortex of feces at work.  I've got more whine than cheese...I need to shuffle off to some corner and sulk a bit.

greg

itieuglyflies

Bet the lad has forgotten those blisters from last trip......

Dougfish

Mother fletcher.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on April 22, 2018, 18:12:18 PM
This is truly a special time of year to be on the water.  Looking good there for sure. 

While you're enjoying life, I"m sinking deeper into a vortex of feces at work.  I've got more whine than cheese...I need to shuffle off to some corner and sulk a bit.

You need to get your ass on some creek deep in a holler. You'll feel better. And post a report!

Dee-Vo

Quote from: itieuglyflies on April 22, 2018, 18:48:23 PM
Bet the lad has forgotten those blisters from last trip......

He's got some good scarring from those bad boys.

And, he picked up a couple more today, but not nearly as severe as last time. Thankfully.

streamereater_101691

Good on you dee for taking him out. It takes a mad level of patience sometimes to teach, but well worth it.  bd;0

Phil

Big J

For a man that doesn't like to fish the same stream, you sure have been hitting that same stream.   :P

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Big J on April 23, 2018, 07:55:28 AM
For a man that doesn't like to fish the same stream, you sure have been hitting that same stream.   :P

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. I had originally planned to hit another VA stream that I haven't fished. When I found out he wanted to go that place come to mind -- after torturing him last time for miles and miles and no fish, I figured I should take him somewhere this time relatively easy to fish and access. Mission accomplished. This will be my last trip there for a bit.

BrookieHunter

Hell yea!! glad to see a young guy getting hooked on some trouts.  'c;

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

I need wildflower identification help. Here are my guesses in order as pictured:

Canada Violet (Doug told me cause I was wrong; I thought it was Virginia Spring Beauty)

Perfoliate Bellwort

Red Trillium erectum

White Trillium

Jack in the Pulpit

Corrections needed?