Crappie Fish Fry 6-10-14

Started by Al, June 10, 2014, 16:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Here at my house we try to stock up on enough Crappie for a few meals throughout the year. Went to the freezer and found it bare so off to a super secret lake to replenish our stock. Go on the water at 7:30 am.

For you guys who like to "hotspot" look no further then right under that yellow maker buoy.

The bite was on. We were only after filleting size fish. Most met that criteria today but we did toss about every 4th fish back. Fish were in about 12 feet of water and suckers for 2 inch curly jigs.  Above photo was taken just before moving to a new spot.

Photo taken after 2nd stop of the day. We've got more then I really want to clean already. One more spot to check on the way back to the boat ramp.

My friend aka as the "Crappie Ace" knows how to put fish in the boat. It doesn't always work out but the Fish Gods were smiling on us today.  We had the boat on the trailer and was heading for home at 10:30 am.

DRIFTS

l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

gonephishin'

Al..... Have you ever ventured south to fish the lumber river? I was in Martinsville fishing the Smith but now live in Lumberton... Hoping to get some fly action going down here.
"Eat, drink, and be merry....for tomorrow we die"