News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

troutrus

All this death and sadness and then we have these ignorant selfish deplorables roaming free.

https://www.aol.com/see-anti-maskers-l-over-224924585.html

troutboy_II

Right now, I would welcome daily updates by the Federal Gov on status of vaccine getting into folks arms and general science about the pandemic.  Ignoring it as the current administration has done for months, does not help.  Perhaps new administration will see fit to get us back in the loop?

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Phil

Great. My 90 year old MIL and my Brother in Law both tested positive today -- they live in our town, we saw them at Christmas. We will both get tests in 2 days if no symptoms before then, maybe tomorrow. Damn it, I've been sooo careful for 11 months. Let my wife talk me into going to her mom's house for Christmas. Fuck me.  b';

Woolly Bugger

sorry to hear that, Phil, take care....  n!n Covid!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Took mom to the county health dept for her first of two Covid vaccine shots

Total time about 45 minutes in the facility

20 minutes wait in line
10 minutes for the shot
15 minutes after shot

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

I guess you'll be next in line, WB?

Eldest daughter who wrangles the cardiac fellows at the hospital, just got her second one yesterday.
Young cousin in Richmond who is a delivery room nurse just got hers, too.
My RN wife signed up to administer shots starts doing that next week. (As a PT second job. Because shes a better person than me.) She'll get her first when she starts.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

In my county in NC, they are giving vaccines to health care workers, frontline, and people over 75. I'll get mine when it becomes available to me.

BTW -- didn't get Covid even though all 8 members of my wife's family did. I refused to attend (or let my wife attend) the two after-Christmas and New Year's Eve parties where the infection occurred. They're all sick as dogs. Now I get to run around doing their grocery, etc. errands and leaving stuff on their front porches.
The wife's family poo-poo'ed my steadfast refusals to attend their frequent get-togethers until now.

Dougfish

You're a smart man, Phil. I hope your wife's family recovers completely.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

Good move Phil.  I can name you 15-20 people who have gone to small get togethers or the beach ,etc,etc who have come down with C-19 One woman went to the beach and came home and gave it to 3 brothers, 4 inlaws and several nieces, nephews.
 A friend of mine died Tuesday of Covid.  He had preexisting conditions that most likely did him in, but it still is painful to loose someone who you think highly of.

JT

troutrus

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Jan. 12

Disappointing thus far. If you're looking for North Carolina it's quicker to drop  to the bottom and come back up. 🙁

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I learned of eligibility for the vaccine since I deliver meals to local seniors and I am a member of the local volunteer fire and rescue.

At 10:30am this morning I received the first dose of Moderna.  No side effects so far.  Not even a sore arm.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutboy_II

Trout_girl and I got our first shot today. SC dropped age to 70 and we both turn 71 this week.

It was fascinating to see the look in folks eyes at the hospital - most our age or older. Hope, for the first time in quite a while. At the risk of opening wounds for some on this site, a change to a kinder, saner, and gentler federal administration, also adds to the "hope" some of us feel who have been around for a while. 

So, as a qualified old fart, I recommend that we all celebrate the human victories a vaccine allows, swallow hard and gut out the consolidated idiocy that we are being subjected to by Washington (both sides share the blame), and get back to living our own lives. Fuck cable tv, fuck pompous politicians, and fuck neighbors who ignore common humanity to cling to the favorite party bull shit.  Come on people!  Breathe and go fish! Stop the insanity.

Now back to your regularly scheduled show... Peace.

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Al

Got my first shot on Tuesday. No ill effect (so far). Second one in 3 weeks.

Saw one of my doctors today who has had both shots. He said the 2nd one will give you a headache and slight fever - at least it did him. Take some aspirin and it will be fine in a couple days.