News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Video of the day...

Started by Holmes, November 02, 2011, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Sarah X has too many tatoos.
SOME of you guys have your reels on the wrong way.

jwgnc

I think I coached that guy at Pechmann a few years ago
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"All I want for Christmas is a rationalist view of a universe governed by physical laws."

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

BRFFF

Angry diamondback rattlesnake resists being herded off road by hunters, video shows https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article223621585.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Toris

Quote from: BRFFF on December 28, 2018, 04:01:10 AM

Angry diamondback rattlesnake resists being herded off road by hunters, video shows https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article223621585.html

Looks more like a timber to me

BRFFF

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

That was what the Charlotte Observer  said! I'm just happy they didn't chop its head off with the shovel!

Onslow

These guys put in at the Upper Creek falls area up near Jonas Ridge.  I've fished Raven Cliffs....scary stuff, and these guys are paddling it!  This is on par with running Ravens Fork Gorges.  Never thought I'd see the Upper Falls area and Raven Cliffs run in this manner.

Michael Toris

Quote from: Onslow on January 08, 2019, 21:01:39 PM
These guys put in at the Upper Creek falls area up near Jonas Ridge.  I've fished Raven Cliffs....scary stuff, and these guys are paddling it!  This is on par with running Ravens Fork Gorges.  Never thought I'd see the Upper Falls area and Raven Cliffs run in this manner.

Gnarly

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Dayum is right. I've fished Upper Creek around Greentown trail many times (not any more). That water is crazy high in the video!

Onslow

Here is another good one.  I haven't fished Steeles, and doubt the opportunity will ever avail itself.

There are some moves on this vid that I cannot comprehend.  Sliding down a 30' high face, and turning sideways on the way down to land in a 4' long pool is simply incredible (:50).  The last eddy turn above the second 30ish footer (1:42) is also incredible.

Onslow

Per description, I presume this is the upper Upper section they are running.  Phil, can you confirm this?  I don't know a soul who has fished this section.  Watershed cannot be more than a couple square miles. 

https://goo.gl/maps/Dy93Ur5ciGA2

Flying blind down sluices with the risk of deadfalls being omnipresent is off the charts risky.  I recall portaging almost 20 times on the upper Pedlar due to wood  back in 1996.

Phil

Yes, that is Upper Creek well above the falls. I simply cannot imagine kayaking it. I fished it once about 25 years ago and it was a brutal hike/rock climb/fish. The water wasn't anything remotely that high, of course. Those guys are nuts.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.