News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bees (for Ken)

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 11, 2019, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Ouch!  That was hard to watch!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Feral bees are back!!

https://phys.org/news/2024-03-honey-bees-abundant-wild-hives.html

There are no managed hives within 3/4 of a mile of my home in town, but my place is always wrapped up with honeybees. One lady a couple houses down had a swarm descend upon her yard last year.  I got a phone call blaming me, but my bees were at the farm.

NC State gave away numerous hives with Russian queens.  Russian bees are frequent swarmers, and pack light. Many people also started using Carniolan bees which overwinter better than Italian bees, and they too are inclined to swarm . Due to recent warm Winters, survival rates have been high, and there actually may be too many bees in certain locales. Along with hollow trees, they enjoy old homes with gappy exterior trim. Towns are prime real estate for honey bees.