Main Menu

the

Started by bowsreign, July 20, 2007, 07:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowsreign

to

troutphisher

My view is animals shouldn't own animals >:(

Micheal Vick, is a great example of a fool with money.
What a prick!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flatlander

Quote from: bowsreign on July 20, 2007, 07:26:30 AM
but for the life of me I don't understand what the big deal is with him fighting dogs.

The problem I see with it is that a lot of people will perceive dog fighting as a "cool" thing to do.  Many must already do apparently.  I'm seeing more and more pit bulls chained up in some of the less desirable neighborhoods I drive through on the way to work.  Unsocialized dogs raised to be dog-aggressive are not a good thing to have around.  I've never heard of a rooster getting loose and killing a kid.

I  had an uncle that fought chickens in and around Charlottesville and I went to some fights with him when I was a kid.  It was not the low-brow sport that one might imagine.  There were pretty well-regarded folks involved...politicians and the like.  Still don't know how I feel about it.  It is a pretty brutal game, but chickens are one thing and dogs are another.

richard bernabe

Sorry Bows - gotta disagree strongly here.

I have no use whatsoever for anyone who treats animals badly. I don't even care if he was involved directly in training or promoting these fights or not. Anyone who get pleasure out of seeing two dogs fight to the death, or two chickens, or whatever - is sick. The analogy to UFC fighters is a bad one.

Michael Vick can go to hell! (I can say that here, right?)

Shane

My personal take on this is that those who don't care about this are either illiterate, or don't bother to read the details of what running  this dog fighting operation entailed.
If you think it's OK to slam puppies to the ground til they're dead because they don't look like good fighters then stay unimpressed.

Chickens ain't dogs, and Men have free will.

A dog will love your sorry ass regardless of what you think. That's why you don't treat them that way.

S

peter p

Is the moderator allowed to use such harsh language?  What is next.............? :)
Peter

DJ65

Fighting chickens or gamecocks or whatever you wanna call em are born fighters. I used to raise em. I got this bright idea to get a few, raise em, and use the hackle and feathers for fly tyin. It didn't take me long to figure out that the hackles were not fit for much but the wing and tail feathers were quite usefull. I eventually ended up with about 30 runnin around everywhere. I never paid to fight any of mine. All the fights were free and happened in my backyard. They weren't staged by anyone but mothernature herself. These birds start fighting from the day they hatch. Chicks on chicks, hens on hens, roosters on roosters.......I've seen it all. I did go to one organized fight in Tennessee. Trust me, the organized fights are much more humane than the ones that mothernature sponsors. All it takes is for one rooster to get out of a pen and the fight is on. These pecking order fights were brutal and could lead to the eventual death of one or both birds. Dog fighting and cockfighting are two different things. The dogs are trained to fight while the chickens are born with the instinct. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad you should know this..........when the local authorities raid a cockfight to supposedly stop the cruel infraction, the birds that are confiscated and taken somewhere to be euthanized....go figure. How is that anymore less cruel than the cockfight itself?? Atleast during the fight, one bird or both could live. None escaped the gassing following a raid.  If you still think it's cruel.......how cruel is it to the millions of birds that are gassed and skinned just so we can have fly tyin materials and flies to fish with? Think about that the next time you pluck that hackle from it's skin or tie on that dry fly.

MtnGrouseHtr

My take is that us "real" southern rednecks are having our heritage stolen. Take the "native americans".. they have the right to ignore the hunting regulations in various states. They are allowed to have feathers from birds of prey, etc all in the name of  their heritage.

My solution is simple. Southern whites born and raised in the south should be allowed to keep their heritage alive by hosting chicken fights anytime they want and to keep Micheal Vick as a slave for the duration of his prison sentence. >:D >:D

For those who can't recognize it.. The preceding is a feeble attempt at humor...

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

La_Trucha

Quote from: bowsreign on July 20, 2007, 15:46:52 PM
I guess I'm just sick, illiterate, and a complete idiot.

Was that the "all of the above" answer?  ;D

richard bernabe

Quote from: bowsreign on July 22, 2007, 07:49:10 AM

Let's hope the next bit of legislation doesn't affect your ability to do something you enjoy.

Bows, I see what you are getting at, but lets be serious. We are talking about raising, training and fighting dogs to kill each other. Like Shane said, those puppies that don't cut it are abused, drowned, electrocuted, and slammed to the ground - as if the actual fighting itself isn't bad enough.

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" is not a blank check for Americans to do whatever we want. Pedophiles "enjoy" what they do, thieves "enjoy" the thrill of taking other's property, and people who raise dogs for the sole purpose of killing other dogs obviously get some sick thrill and "enjoy" it too. None of the above have the right "enjoy" their sick, twisted pursuits, I'm sorry.

If you feel threatened by the government denying these people the right to do the things they "enjoy", I am sure you will get over it. If you enjoy watching dog fighting, I might recommend therapy.

MtnGrouseHtr

Quote from: bowsreign on July 22, 2007, 07:49:10 AM
How do the rest of you feel about this type of governmental control of our lives? Just curious!

It's bad. Very Bad. Ummmkay.

richard bernabe

I don't know Bows. I've tried to be respectful, but if you condone that type of activity, I just don't know what else to say.  ???

Trout Maharishi

Quoteauthor=bowsreign link=topic=2761.msg17359#msg17359 date=1185108550]
Let's hope the next bit of legislation doesn't affect your ability to do something you enjoy.

I don't perscribe to the slippery slope theory of reasoning. Although I am against anyone telling me what to do in reguard to my opinions or values. Whether that's the government or the guy next door. I personally wouldn't fight dogs or chickens, but if that's what you want to do, go ahead. Matter of fact as good as dog and chickens are to eat, I'll take the dead ones.

I'd rather see girls fight. All hot and sweaty, bitting, hair pulling, ripping each others cloths off. Yea, much better >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

richard bernabe

You guys are scaring me (except for the fighting girls part  :o )

Just stay away from Fat Al's whistle pig!   ;D ;D ;D