$59 Breatabels? Impossible? Check 'em out at L.L. Bean....

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 04, 2007, 19:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

How god do that have to be for that price?

Simms $400 / 10 year fro 10 years = $5 per use

LL Bean. $60 / 10 year for 2 years = $3

I'm just saying......

Might have to get a pair just to have a spare.....

for like when Jedi forgets his....

Ralph might even spring for a pair...

They don't apear on the web site, but where in today's mail in the new catalog... $59 for a piar of 'fly weight" breathables with gravel guards and chest pocket.....

0--0

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

peter p

they got a decent write up in one of the recent fly fishing mags as well. 
Peter

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

troutphisher

I ordered these waders on the 4th, they debited my account on the 5th.
I just received an e-mail notice that the product shipped today on the 10th.

Obviously an order processing system out of control. 6 days to process an order.
This was the first time I ordered from L.L. bean, and may be the last time.
To much variance in their process. I wonder what their sigma level is for on time delivery?

I hope the wader fabrication process has better controls.  :'(
I will inspect them, and might send them back?  ;D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

i ordered mine on the sixth and they also went out the tenth... i have perchased from ll.bean before and have always had great service... i wonder if it had anything to to with easter weekend?
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

Trout Maharishi

Yea, having to attend the Masters must have been pure hell >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Well, watching some of tiger's shots did amount to hell, and the over all experiance was work.  ;D

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 10, 2007, 19:13:00 PM
Yea, having to attend the Masters must have been pure hell >:D

it would be pure hell.. give me the LPGA with natalie gulbis anyday
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

Now that would be dangerous work , one could strain a neck muscle or something?  ;D ;D

troutphisher

I just got this reply from my inquiry into their sigma level....LOL
At least their customer service is prompt...LOL

Dear Mr. 

Thank you for contacting L.L.Bean this evening.

I apologize for the delay.  Due to a winter storm last Thursday, our delivery times were being quoted as 5-6 business days.  I have confirmed your order is to arrive to you tomorrow, 4/11 and we hope you will enjoy the waders.  Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Kimberly S.
L.L.Bean Customer Service
800-441-5713
llbean.com

Gofisher

Hey TP, I hope they don't fill your waders with itching powder... :o
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Remember......the squeaky wheel gets the oil!  0--0.

I hope they don't stock itching powder though.  ;D

troutphisher

Well, the waders came today. I checked them for itching powder, none present.
The waders are $59.00 dollar waders. They are thin and more like a garbage bag with draw strings, they are defiantly fly weight . I doubt they are very breathable, they have a rubber lining unlike my current waders.

They do however fit over jeans with no problem with room to spare.
The built in gravel guards are a nice feature. They also have a chest pocket, that is made from the same material as the shell with a Velcro panel.

They are what I expected, and will do fine as a back up pair, but I wouldn't use them as an every day wader, or a cold weather wader.

These waders are made in commie china  >:D

Gofisher

I hope it's not time-delay, commie, itching powder... :o
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.