News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Veterans Day

Started by Trout Maharishi, November 11, 2009, 12:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

To all those who have served and continue to serve, I salute you 0--0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

flatlander

Phil

I remain very conflicted about my service to this country in a meaningless war, but thanks .

Phil "Lucky" Stinson
Charlie Company, 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile), Phu Bai, South Vietnam (4/71-2/72).

22midge

Thanks TM there is a lot of names on the back side of that card that says "Hero"  Stand tall and beside those that serve and those that haved served in the past.Lets not make it a day but a daily appreciation for so many that carries the Stars & Stripes around the world.Be safe
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

5xTippett

God Bless every one of you, alive and dead.

flynhokies

thanks to all those who protect our freedoms. as much as some of us bitch about our political leaders and the decisions they make, this is still the greatest country in the world and it is so because of the freedoms our servicemen fight to protect.  0--0
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet

streamer

Thanks to all of you in here who have served or are presently serving.
Thanks to the many more who aren't in here as well.

Like Peewee said............every day.

Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

phg

There are too many veterans on here to try to name them all, but since he started this, y'all do know that TM is a Viet Nam veteran himself.  So too is Troutphisher.   Lepomis Macro is also a vet, although he served a little later. 

Several years ago, on the old SFF board, we had a list of all the vets, along with the dates, location and branch.  It was quite an impressive list.  My hat's off to all who served.    Salute! 0--0

5xTippett

phg

I though you'd already mentioned Al, but I guess that was on another board.  I believe Peewee did a hitch in 'Nam as well.

I wish I'd kept that list from SFF, but at the time, no one thought the board would go away.

benflyfishn

Thanks to all who served, and serving!! Salute. 0--0
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

rjs123

Thanks to all our veterans for making our country what it is!

I never had to experience combat. I was drafted in 1972 and put my 2 years in. The day I went into the service Nixon announced that no more draftees would be sent to Vietnam so I ended up with a desk job at Fort "Lost In The Woods" (Leonard Wood)  MO.

lepomis_mcro

if you aint CAV you aint shit
;D

go Blackhorse

thank you to those who came before me, and those that fight on now 0--0

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Beetle

I think about what a cake life I've had compared to those who sacrificed so much to protect and serve our country.

To all our veterans and those currently serving.....thank you.

croaker

Thanks to all who have served.  A special thanks to those that served under fire...

I was raised in a military family.  Dad, Grand Dads, Uncles and Brother all served.  I served during peacetime.  Charlie Battery 2/214th Field Artillery, GA Nat'l Guard 1981-1986
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.