News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Lake attack!

Started by Peddler, April 10, 2006, 05:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

ZZDruid, PinU2, La Trucha, Christiansen, LandLockedNow and I made it out to the Mountain Island Lake yesterday. It started out windy then turned into a beautiful afternoon!
As for the fishing? It was good... REAL good! The catching? Not so great! It seems to be a little early for the good bite, that, or the cold front spooked 'em, that, or we scared the hell out of the fish with our combined skills, that, or we weren't using the right bait!
I think we all managed some dinks. Pin woke up a monster bass on a yellow popper but was too busy admiring the scenery to pull the trigger on time!  o-o :o
All-in-all it was great getting out with a good group of folks just to play on the water. The best is yet to come!  0--0
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

landlockednow

I am glad we made it out.  After rowing into the wind for as long as I did (the dang wind kept shifing right into where I was going --- all afternoon long), I was not sure I would wake up this am, but boy, what a good night's sleep!!!!

Enjoyed seeing you guys and cannot wait for the bite to improve.  When the fishees wake up, it should be great.