News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 13, 2021, 18:01:39 PMWhat factors contribute to such a low minority turn out?

1) mistrust of the medical community?
2) lack of time to spend hunting down an appt?
3) lack of transportation?
4) inability to get time off of work?

I vote a lack of trust in the medical community.  I don't feel poverty has anything to do with it.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Almost 3% on vaccines in NC given to out-of-staters p;-  p;-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

In the last two weeks it seems supply has greatly increased.
My wife, her sister and I worked diligently early on and got shots in Guilford and Forsyth Cnty.,each about a one hour drive. We have friends that for medical and personal reasons were not willing to travel. About ten days ago I received a call from a small medical facility where I had received a covid test last August. They called to offer us an appointment right around the corner from our house here in Eden. Since we didn't need the shots, my wife asked if they could be offered to our neighbor friends who are in their 80's. The lady was very accommodating, and our friends got their first shot this past Tuesday right around the corner.  I received an email on the 13th (yesterday) from Cone Health indicating that I could sign up for first shots in Guilford County for today, the 14th. I have since removed our names from their list. Wife and I are scheduled for round two tomorrow morning at Winston Salem fairgrounds.
Things are looking up. Stay positive.  <-;:

rford

In Pittsylvania County, leaders in the local NAACP arranged to have vaccinations given on February 6th at a church associational building.  They had over 700 with a very high percentage being Black.

troutrus

Sandy and I got our 2nd dose of Pfizer on Monday morning. I woke about 1 am Tuesday with an extreme case of chills and a headache. Sandy got up about 5am to find me in the living room under 4 afghans, wearing a watch cap, wool gloves, and heavy wool socks. Chills left me about 9am, but headaches persisted throughout the day and me trying to fight it off with a couple Tylenol every four hours. Hit the bed about 9pm and with help from melatonin slept well for 11 hours. Woke up feeling great.
Not a bad trade off in my opinion.
And I am most grateful that my wife experienced no symptoms other than a sore arm. ❤️

rbphoto

This is the worst way of measuring efficiency I have seen in a long time:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

If business measured "success" the way our government and news agencies do, there would be a lot fewer businesses in the world.

The information presented doesn't communicated how many vaccines were made available, doesn't communicate waste/loss, doesn't communicate anything related to the population.

While I'm complaining about how people think:

1.  Why does our government get to decide who needs to (and who doesn't) get the vaccine? 

2.  Apparently, the government doesn't trust our healthcare system to make wise, educated decisions.

3.  Who is paying for the vaccines? 

<Rant - OFF>
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Onslow

Quote from: rbphoto on February 24, 2021, 08:50:58 AMThis is the worst way of measuring efficiency I have seen in a long time:

If business measured "success" the way our government and news agencies do, there would be a lot fewer businesses in the world.

The information presented doesn't communicated how many vaccines were made available, doesn't communicate waste/loss, doesn't communicate anything related to the population.

1.  Why does our government get to decide who needs to (and who doesn't) get the vaccine? 

2.  Apparently, the government doesn't trust our healthcare system to make wise, educated decisions.

<Rant - OFF>

May I rant about something different. It appears certain privileged people in our community are jumping way ahead in the line. How can someone under 50 that is not a front line worker, that is not a health care worker get the vaccine?  Bribery?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on February 24, 2021, 09:11:40 AM
Quote from: rbphoto on February 24, 2021, 08:50:58 AMThis is the worst way of measuring efficiency I have seen in a long time:

<Rant - OFF>

May I rant about something different. It appears certain privileged people in our community are jumping way ahead in the line. How can someone under 50 that is not a front line worker, that is not a health care worker get the vaccine?  Bribery?

What is the source of the graph?  Was it the CDC or was it another entity that made the graph from CDC data?

I do question the availability of the vaccine to certain groups.  I don't think there is any bribery or shenanigans here in my area because so few are well-heeled enough to bribe, but I do wonder about other areas of the U.S.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

<Rant - OFF>

Goodhart's Law:
"When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure." 

Woolly Bugger

WFDD's Eddi Garcia did a report on "jumping" line to get vaccine....

1. In Forsyth County, and maybe others, no ID is required to schedule or receive a vaccine

2. No employment verification is required

3. It's pretty much an honor system.

4. There is no data pertaining to line jumping 

https://www.wfdd.org/story/few-safeguards-place-prevent-vaccine-line-skipping-nc
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jwgnc

South African woman whips off her THONG and uses it as a make-shift mask after being warned about having no face covering by supermarket staff

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

got jab numero dos  /'/  <-;:  :o  d:b  :Dance
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

in recent news:

Poll: 38% of Americans would give up sex for a year to be able to travel again immediately

in other news:

Poll: 38% of BRFFFers would give up fishing for a year to be able to have sex again
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

my second shot on Friday at 9:05 am wasn't as bad as the first, slight pain started 6 hrs after injection, and by 10 o'clock I was feeling very tired. Didn't sleep all that well, had some joint pain. I was in a bit of a fog most of the next day, but on Sunday I went for an 7 mile hike

me -There's a season?

Phil

My 2nd shot gave me even less trouble than the first. I was expecting to feel worse.