Looking Glass Creek 9/24

Started by peter p, September 24, 2006, 20:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter p

I took my Dad to Looking Glass Creek for a few hours today.  This is the 1st time I really have fished with him since i went to college 20 years ago.  It was also the first time he used a fly rod for trout in 30 plus years.  So, needless to say, just being on the water made the day a success. 

Here are some of the particulars.  We fished from about 11-2.  It was about 70 degrees and rained on and off.  Despite the recent rains, the water was still clear.  I don't know the water temp, but I was still able to wet wade comfortably.  Fished mostly Yellow Stims with good success.  However, the best thing I did was tie on a green weenie dropper.  The 'bows were crushing it once I added the dropper.  In one hole, I think I had 5 fish on in 5 straight casts.  The highlight of the day besides my Dad catching some fish, was when he commented on the color of the fish.
Peter

troutphisher

Pete:
Thats pretty cool, you had time to fish with your dad, sounds like the stream was fun to fish!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Powderkeg

Love those moments with your dad.  That is the deal.....

Eddie

Woolly Bugger

gee, i can't wait till my son takes me fishing.... :-\
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

peter p

The only problem is now I have to buy him another new fly rod.  I bought him one as a retirement gift 2 years ago to use on the lake my folks hang out at in PA during the summer.  Now, he is using my 7'6 3 weight and really likes it.  Oh well, I guess it is pay back time after all.   Maybe it is time to check out a new 6"6 for myself and send him home with my rod.   :)
Peter

troutjedi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 25, 2006, 23:07:17 PM
gee, i can't wait till my son takes me fishing.... :-\

Christopher takes Woolly fishing:
;D ;D ;D ;D
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

peter p

Woolly looks like he is having a really good time.  Or maybe, he just passed gas.   //?
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Me and the Dali lama took a double kayack over the falls once.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

calebB

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 27, 2006, 16:09:01 PM
Me and the Dali lama took a double kayack over the falls once.

I though you guys could levitate!!!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

calebB