News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

troutrus

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 10, 2020, 09:05:53 AMCan you contract 'bugs' from plasma?   STDs, ignorance, pathological lying, etc.?

The microbes hijacked from Stormy really would not bother me.  Remember, she sat on my lap back in the 90s when she was Stormy Waters; she was spotless back then.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/president-trump-says-he-would-love-to-donate-his-plasma-to-covid-19-patients/ar-BB19T9U8?ocid=msedgntp

The ignorance and lying has evidently been passed down to some of his kids.

troutrus

223,059 deaths in six months and the deplorables are saying it's no worse than the flu.  b';  IGNORANCE

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on October 23, 2020, 08:03:33 AM223,059 deaths in six months and the deplorables are saying it's no worse than the flu.  b';  IGNORANCE

I would argue it isn't ignorance. People want to do as they damn please, and social norms and order be damned. Both right and leftwingers are afflicted with these tendencies, and begit dismay, depression, and dispair for rational centrist folk. Seeds are being sown, and the harvest will be dreadful.

Onslow

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the number tops one million by Feb.

Dougfish

I'll be a bit of a semi-hermit the next 4 months. Shits about to get real.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

greg

I have had a really bad cold for a day or two. Waiting on test results.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

troutrus

Virus cases are spiking in many parts of the world. It's almost as though the scientists/health experts know what they're talking about. 🤔.  AMAZING !!!!!

Woolly Bugger

that mink story is pretty crazy nuts... they have bred the best minks for 100's of years... devastating

send a bill to china....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: troutrus on October 26, 2020, 04:47:59 AMVirus cases are spiking in many parts of the world. It's almost as though the scientists/health experts know what they're talking about. 🤔.  AMAZING !!!!!

It's almost like the capitalist system is incapable of taking the steps that would make this less of a fucking disaster.

Onslow

Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on November 09, 2020, 08:56:59 AM
Quote from: troutrus on October 26, 2020, 04:47:59 AMVirus cases are spiking in many parts of the world. It's almost as though the scientists/health experts know what they're talking about. 🤔.  AMAZING !!!!!

It's almost like the capitalist system is incapable of taking the steps that would make this less of a fucking disaster.

I don't blame the system, I blame collective stupidity on the part of our nation's inhabitants. We don't live in a post truth world, but rather a post reality world saturated with unearthly expectations of a painless existence, meds, drugs, and video games, junk food, and ingorance. 

rbphoto

Quote from: Onslow on November 09, 2020, 12:57:46 PMWe don't live in a post truth world, but rather a post reality world saturated with unearthly expectations of a painless existence, meds, drugs, and video games, junk food, and ignorance.

We live in a relativistic truth world, which is post-truth.  Truth is now defined as whatever someone wants it to be instead of  factual information.  It is by default a sentinel shift in the values of the culture.  It happens across the spectrum and is not limited to conservative, liberal, progressive, or any other label you can identify.

I won't argue about the "unearthly expectations" you mention.  I think you are spot on.  I will say that's not new, it just looks different than it ever has in our history.

Information gets bombarded at us when it happens, whether is has been confirmed or simply spun by someone's particular flavor-of-the-minute thought process. That drives peoples' fear, anxiety, uncertainty, and reactions.  People become protectionistic rather than investigative.  They let everyone else think for them instead of thinking for themselves.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: Onslow on November 09, 2020, 12:57:46 PM
Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on November 09, 2020, 08:56:59 AM

I don't blame the system, I blame collective stupidity on the part of our nation's inhabitants. We don't live in a post truth world, but rather a post reality world saturated with unearthly expectations of a painless existence, meds, drugs, and video games, junk food, and ingorance. 

"Collective stupidity" is a byproduct of the system, and not just of the collateral damage sort.  It is essential to the operation of that system, and billions upon billions of dollars of resources are poured into fostering it.