Flies as Art by Paul Whillock

Started by walt, March 28, 2006, 07:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

all i can say is WOW!... wish i could tie 1/2 as good....

http://www.paulwhillock.com/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

--wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

that just ain't right! wow! that's art!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

plumbob

Walt , saw that fly in person and a lot of others he tyed , no need to learn how to ty them, you can buy them. They started in the $1600 went to over $2000. That stonefly nymph I think he was selling for $700 three years back. Got a smaller nymph off of him for fifty. As soon as he started getting noticed the prices really jumped. And you thought Woollys camera was a lot. ;D

fjnardo

I bought the book a long time ago as Paul was just finishing it.  There is still a huge waiting list here in the USA.  He initially shipped them last month and our Customs sent them back for some reason.  He rectified that situation and we should be getting them in the mail sometime this week.  I can't wait!  That fly you posted was brought here a few years back for a fly show and our US Customs confiscated it because they thought it was real and you can't bring foreign bugs in!  That is an artist.  He really is a nice guy and if you can get your hands on the book, get it now because it is a limited print.

Frank

plumbob

Your right finardo he is a nice guy, I hope your right about the books also. I was talking to him at the Somerset show and he told me all the problems he had with the shipping.

fjnardo

The books arrived in the US on the 21st and I'm not sure who was forwarding them to the rightful owners, but there are a few here in the States who said that they recieved theirs in the last few days.  Did you pre-order one as well?

walt

Quote from: plumbob on March 28, 2006, 13:09:55 PM
Walt , saw that fly in person and a lot of others he tyed , no need to learn how to ty them, you can buy them. They started in the $1600 went to over $2000. That stonefly nymph I think he was selling for $700 three years back. Got a smaller nymph off of him for fifty. As soon as he started getting noticed the prices really jumped. And you thought Woollys camera was a lot. ;D

i sure would have liked to see him tie... that must have been a treat.

when i rcd. a few copies here from my supplier and thumbed through one,  i was flabbergasted, to say the least. my supplier told me it was a fantastic book (i've heard that a few thousand times over the years) so i told him to send a few copies along with the rest of my order.... man-o-man, was he ever right!

woolly's camera??

--wally

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy