Specks in Tight Quarters

Started by Phil, April 13, 2021, 07:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Went on a long drive yesterday with Worm Farmer/guide Jesse T. on one of his "guide days off" in search of some southern strain brook trouts. None of his clients are interested in catching little natives and having to work for 'em. We weren't disappointed. The creek was very small, tight, no streamside trail, bushwhacking, and "tangled up in rhodos" was the tune of the day (for me anyhow). Jesse outfished me as always but I managed some pretty specks. I caught fish on the yellow stimi and we both dredged with a gawdawful pink weenie Jesse insisted I use.  All in all, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

Jesse shot me a text after yalls outing.  Pictures backed up our discussion over the past couple weeks that I may need to re explore that area around there.   /'/   

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Thumbs up!

What is that big pink fly called?  Fly or jig?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Phil

Muddy, it's a "pink weenie" fly/jig monstrosity. Aaaack. Might as well be usin' bait.  :o

greg

Woolly Bugger

"guide special" = pink wennie  :;!

nice pics phil...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

brownhunter

That is a great day right there!!!
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Stone-Man

Good stuff Phil------pretty fish

JT

Phil

Quote from: Stone-Man on April 13, 2021, 13:29:03 PMGood stuff Phil------pretty fish

JT

You came up in our conversation onstream when Jesse pulled out those tungsten bead-head pink weenies. "Wonder what JT would think??" and we both busted out laughing....  :laugh:

troutboy_II

Gee.  With that thread title, I was expecting a UTube of "Knights in White Satin.  :laugh:
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

itieuglyflies

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

hcrum87hc

Looks like a great day to me.  I'm glad most people don't care for that kind of fishing.  Makes it that much better for the rest of us.
Jeremiah 17:7