News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Kabul has fallen

Started by Trout Maharishi, August 15, 2021, 19:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hcrum87hc

What a shit show.  How long until we're right back over there doing the same thing that hasn't worked for the past 2 decades?
Jeremiah 17:7

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Phil

It didn't work in Vietnam. It didn't work in Iraq. It didn't work in Afghanistan.
All for naught. "Nation building" in our image/the way we want it doesn't work.

Yallerhammer

There is only one way to successfully fight a war. We haven't done it since WWII.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 16, 2021, 11:32:36 AMThere is only one way to successfully fight a war. We haven't done it since WWII.

Not everything we did in WWII was moral (atom bombs, fire bombing cities, etc.) imo, but we did succeed. It was also, imo, the last war that was actually justified.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on August 16, 2021, 12:18:24 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 16, 2021, 11:32:36 AMThere is only one way to successfully fight a war. We haven't done it since WWII.

Not everything we did in WWII was moral (atom bombs, fire bombing cities, etc.) imo, but we did succeed. It was also, imo, the last war that was actually justified.
Agreed. Having a justifiable reason to be at war is important, also. I think Afghanistan was fairly well justified to begin with, as there was a hostile group in power there who were giving sanctuary and support to people who killed more folks on 9/11 than the Pearl Harbor attack. 20 years makes no sense, though. I don't think there is any good solution to that problem.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Trout Maharishi

The situation deteriorates by the hour. No food is going to be the final nail in the coffin. They must know by now no help is coming. This is the greatest military/diplomatic failue in American history. We had several of the Taliban leaders locked up until Obama Bin Laden and Slow Joe let them loose.https://nypost.com/2021/08/16/taliban-leader-was-freed-from-guantanamo-in-2014-swap-by-obama/ Jimmy Carter may live long enough yet! I pray for them all.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Not one remark today from the Biden administration on the situation. Meanwhile the Taliban is going door to door murdering and raping girls and little boys, They love little boys. Jack Dorsey allows the Taliban and Iran to post away on Twitter. Crime is spiraling out of control, shots are being fired from across the boarder at our boarder patrol. The Fed said it's going to quit buying debt. Inflation is headed for double digets. Gas is going up. None of our enemies fear us and our allies don't respect us. Quit hididing and step up Slow Joe. If you can't answer the questions put someone out there that can-p-
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Here is the low down from today. British forces are extracting people from safe houses from around the city. US forces won't leave airport. US forces and contractors assembled at airport want to run missions in the city to extract US citizens and friendly Afgans. No go, troops and contractors are pissed. So sad to watch this unfold. b';
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Taliban firing on people in the street. They want no other flag than the Taliban flag flown. Going house to house hanging people. Estimated 80.000 held hostage. We don't even know how many Americans need evacuation. This is going down hill fast and has the potential to be a real blood bath. State Dept is charging $2000 a head to get on the plane. https://namex.co/taliban-going-house-to-house-in-afghanistan-hanging-people-who-worked-with-us-source/
― Charles Bukowski

Stone-Man

A friend of mine who owns a mid east  personnel service has 11 employees and their families in Afganistan now. Certainly he is more than concerned for their safety. All I can do is pray for their safe return

JT

Phil

I don't understand why Biden and his advisors didn't start evacuating Americans months ago.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on August 20, 2021, 14:41:37 PMI don't understand why Biden and his advisors didn't start evacuating Americans months ago.

Ain't that the truth

On the other hand that could have caused a stampede
me -There's a season?