Floating the Shenandoah

Started by Trout Chaser, August 12, 2007, 20:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Chaser

FT, Ditchmonkey, Sarah and myself met early this am in Luray to float a short section of the Doah.  As many of you know this river has been decimated by massive fish kills the past few springs.  The weather and the company were good but the fishing was not very productive.  A few pics..

The river
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ditch & Sarah

The best fish of the day.... thanks to Jesse  ;D ;D

The bikini hatch..

We also saw some kid by the name of Jesse wading using 3 wt galss rod with a olive woolybuuger caught six as we floated by.   0--0

TC

castaway

I was out with the guys doing the last sampling they did near Strasburg (Don't think there's been one since).  Steve Reeser, who is co-chair of the fish kill committee did the sampling.  At that point they hadn't seen a kill this year, and the fish looked fairly clean.  When he came in to pass the fish to the biologists to autopsy, I asked him if there were any surprises.  He said "Yes.  How long it's taking me to catch the ten adult smallmouth needed for the sample."  Not good news. :(

ditchmonkey

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.