News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tough Monday at the office

Started by Beetle, November 10, 2009, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

519 lbs

FYI- we also caught an assload of false albacore.  They are EVERYWHERE off Oregon Inlet.  Coming in we ran across acres and acres of them heading south.  Get ready salt-casters!

flatlander

Dear Beetle,
Where is my package of tuna, wahoo (?), dolphin?

Your elitist, snob neighbor,
Flatlander

5xTippett

You got my attention.  I am officially impressed. ;hb

flatlander

Beetle

I'm not kidding about the false albacore.  They were schooled up so tight that their backs were sticking out of the water.  It was DEAD calm inshore.  Offshore there was a slight chop which made fishing great. 

kylemc

5xTippett

Malcolm, I think you just blew your chances of any fillets coming your way. >:D

flatlander

Quote from: 5xTippett on November 10, 2009, 16:16:47 PM
Malcolm, I think you just blew your chances of any fillets coming your way. >:D

Probably so Ben...last time he brought me some nice tuna steaks though so I got to give him his due there. ;D

River Man

Very, very nice  ;D.  Well done...yes....I'm jealous.

rjs123

Nice catch!!

I like that area. Ive never fished it but used to metal detect the beach there after storms.  There was an ship that went a ground in the 16 or 17 hundreds and coins still turn up there from that wreck.

Is there any fish to be caught from shore or in the inlet itself?

Woolly Bugger

Suck a lot, you sure do.  Yes, hmmm.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Nice catch.
Better take advantage while you're still able to keep a few. Never know when some group will start demanding total protection for those species. ;)

flatlander

Quote from: troutrus on November 11, 2009, 05:40:14 AM
Nice catch.
Better take advantage while you're still able to keep a few. Never know when some group will start demanding total protection for those species. ;)

That's right John...you fish murderer >:D

Beetle

The charter fleets stick to their limits quite well.  Most are self imposed and enforcement consists mostly of peer pressure, ridicule and diminished bookings.

We had a limit of tuna by 12 noon and picked up some wahoo on the final spread.  Had we stayed out......who knows?

I hate seeing boats bail chicken dolphin but apparently dolphin are the most prolific spawners on the planet and grow incredibly fast. 

The biggest problem today is with the bluefin stock and I would encourage anyone that is interested to read "Tuna" by Richard Ellis.  Make sure you have your zoloft and liquor nearby.   :'(

http://www.amazon.com/Tuna-Love-Story-Richard-Ellis/dp/B002RAR28O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257947728&sr=1-1

I'll post more pics of the "slaughter" later today.

flatlander

Quote from: Beetle on November 11, 2009, 08:58:10 AM

I'll post more pics of the "slaughter" later today.

Oooooh....sounds like there was blood pouring through the scuppers!  ;D