Started by Peddler, March 18, 2013, 23:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

The video to trump 'em all.

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

_Fish_Pimp

Dougfish

:o again. No sharks in that water? That's ballsy.

The Dude

That is pretty nuts.  I'm just guessing that he uses a 100-150# test leader.  I'd be afraid that the fish could wrap it around my legs and then go on a run and slice my legs to the bone.  I suppose you really have to wear the fish down to the point of complete exhaustion and near-death to make it safe to unhook it.  I saw he was tagging them - I wonder what the mortality rate is when you fish for them like that.  I'd think a skiff and conventional tackle would be better for the fish.  It was still pretty cool, though.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

bullship

I watched that last week, but almost didn't based on the description. I saw float tube mentioned and said meh. It is absofuckinglutely insane.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

sanjuanwormhatch

I was thinking the same re leader but would be more worried about my fingers everytime you're trying to get it to the float. 

Transylwader

Wowza, look what 12 wt can do for you. My good friend from FL does this shit. Lucky fucker...

Peddler

Quote from: The Dude on March 19, 2013, 06:51:12 AM
- I wonder what the mortality rate is when you fish for them like that.
For the fish or the fisher?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

flatlander

Quote from: The Dude on March 19, 2013, 06:51:12 AM
That is pretty nuts.  I'm just guessing that he uses a 100-150# test leader.  I'd be afraid that the fish could wrap it around my legs and then go on a run and slice my legs to the bone.  I suppose you really have to wear the fish down to the point of complete exhaustion and near-death to make it safe to unhook it.  I saw he was tagging them - I wonder what the mortality rate is when you fish for them like that.  I'd think a skiff and conventional tackle would be better for the fish.  It was still pretty cool, though.

Agreed.  I don't know what to think about that.  I wonder how long those fights last.  You couldn't get any leverage against the fish to really wear him out quickly and you obviously can't run him down when he gets 150 to 200 yards into your backing to get your line back on the reel to start pressuring again like you can in a skiff.  Doubt the 100-150 lb test...20 would work just fine.

Woolly Bugger

too insane for me, I'd shit my britches....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!