this is how you catch redfish without being a hotspotter

Started by steelrain202, July 22, 2012, 19:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelrain202

Ok so the fam and I went to Chucktown for our yearly vacation this past week. Met up with Mad Mike and a lurker. Bought a case of beer and we headed to the marsh
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I found the SC marsh to be a bit different than what I was used when I was living in Texas

After waiting for the tide to get right, man ya'll have some serious tides down there btw. MM poled me through the grass.
Saw a few tailers but they spooked. We scoped out this flat that had a great name for and great story to go with it. We saw a red tailing her ass off up against the spartina. I make the cast, strip once, fish on!

this fish had some shoulders on her

this was a pretty good fish

it was starting to get dark so we went looking for a fish for MM. we found one but it didnt want to play

we kind of lost light after that and booze cruised it back to the launch

i was hungry when we finally got back at 11pm so I went and ate some chicken and waffles

i had a grand time despite the weak tides and oppressive heat. thanks again Mike ill be back in a few weeks on a better tide.

mecnc

flatlander

Awesome.  Man, I took my gear with me down to SC and stared at the marsh all week, but never got the opportunity to sneak away.  Glad you got out and did it 'c;

Transylwader

Mates of mine went to Pawley's Island from Tuesday last week and are wrapping it up today, they slayed the reds (Im glad I didn't go coz I got to save my donkeys to go to Wyoming in 3 weeks time and sort out a bunch of shit here) damn low salinity carps they are! Glad you got into em. My salty crusade is in Montauk for False Albies/Blues/Stripers (and possibly strippers) in late Sept. let me know if you are keen, Befuddled and I are heading up and have space 8)

blue ridge angler

Good stuff Andrew!!
I need to take my bote down that way soon..

OldDominionAngler

Awesome.  I'm just left wondering what's the most awesome...the fish, the scenery, the 'stache, or the chicken and waffles. 'c;

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

benben reincarnated

wncpermit

Love those chicken and waffles.  and the fish is nice too,  Redfish have some shoulders....

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.