News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

damnit -- forgot to bring the ...

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 05, 2011, 13:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

well my choices were:

turn around and drive back to get a rod (not really an option time wise)
0 (0%)
turn around and forget about it
0 (0%)
make a rod out of a sapling and cut the fly line and tie it on (really??)
4 (25%)
go for a hike and enjoy the day
7 (43.8%)
spend the afternoon at the strip club
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Woolly Bugger

don't watch if you have to pee

got to the river, popped the trunk, no rod!
hiked into the gorge anyway, had a rib-eye sammich and a beer,
looked around and took some pics before hiking out.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Those are some really awesome pics.  The first one looks not only 3 dimensional but also an insane-level of high definition. 

:o

diaz dassie

b';
Man that sucks! What the hell were you drinking lastnite that you forgot the rod! Reckon you wanna hit it this weekend? I'll be illegally car camping around those hollers.  -0-

OldDominionAngler

at least you had the beef and the Oarsman

possessed

Nice pics, damn, that sammich looks good. 

Phil

You forgot to bring your ROD, Wooley? Jaysus.  :laugh:

I'll admit -- once I forgot to bring my reel. Another time I forgot to bring my wading boots.
It happens sometimes, I guess....

bullship

At least you got your money's worth and made the best of it. I'd be damn happy to spend $54 to eat lunch there, if I had $54, or a 6 hour lunchbreak. One more week........
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

snagaluffaguss

Don't feel lonely

I went to fish a tiny creek last week and had a car full of 9ft 6, 8, and 10wts.

Wound up fishing with a friend's rod...the second worst rod ever made (the worst being an  p;-Orvis Clearwater).  Wound up frustrated all day from how shitty the rod cast and felt.

Looks like you have a better attitude than I do...which is not really news I suppose. 0:0

Woolly Bugger

everything was out of the car for a trip last weekend, I managed to get everything loaded, reel, vest, waders, boots, net, fly boxes and my new backpack / chest pack combo. While I was driving up the only thing that I thought I had forgotten was a newly refilled bottle of fly drying powder.
When I discovered that I had forgotten the rod, I loaded up the new back and gave it a tryout. Wasn't going to make it a total waste of gas and time... I enjoyed being up there and having lunch on the stream. I
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

diaz dassie

I see you made it into a "poll" well, I woulda gone further up towards that shite town and hit the titty bar and forgot about fishing...till tomorrow and done it all over again -0-

Holmes

dam wooly dats some rough luck yo. made da most out of it yeah

Trout Maharishi

Man I could have made a rod out of a stick that I could have nymph fished with :D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski