News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ace of Base

Started by MFTG, June 30, 2010, 08:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFTG

Came up with a secret new pattern that stuck a few pigs last night and thought I'd share it with y'all.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Trust me, it's really innovative and almost impossible to tie, but it WILL be a staple in every cat-on-the-fly angler's box sooner than you can throw an emoticon depicting a pissing monkey into your next post.

Ah shit I really gotta figger out how to use that spraypaint tool.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The River's fuggin low and HOT but the flathead bite wasn't too bad.  Found a few carp down there that I'll have to harrass sometime soon.

mcanders

nice cat, where's the fly?  >:(

Woolly Bugger

bet that was a pretty good fight...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

dshort

Man, you're supposed to black out the fly, not the fish!  Is this new secret fly called the Ace of Base?  I sure wish I could see it.

OldDominionAngler

Is that a sock tied to a hook? Nice cat Marty, I gotta figure how where to site fish some on the Potomac.

diaz dassie

Holy shit thats a beast cat! I used to catch those in front of my house up in MD but not that size. (this was also during the time where Mercury levels were thru the roof so no catfish nuggets nights :'( )
what weight rod you using for those serpents?

MFTG

Right now throwin 6" bunny leeches on a sinktip is an 8wt job at least.  I wouldn't go eatin these fellers since they spend most of their lives below the sewage outflow but hey, we all live downstream.

diaz dassie

Quote from: MFTG on June 30, 2010, 12:10:22 PM
Right now throwin 6" bunny leeches on a sinktip is an 8wt job at least.  I wouldn't go eatin these fellers since they spend most of their lives below the sewage outflow but hey, we all live downstream.
Ha ha! This is true!
Nice, so I gots to beef up on the rod then. My heaviest artillery right now is a 9ft 5wt which I use on the LM bass and crappie in the Neuse River here in Raleigh, even she's undergunned, espeically when a 6lber is on the end...
I don't like catfish at all, the mother in law bitches that I spend so much time fishing and never bring anything home. I really thought I could poison her discreetly up in MD b';

thenextlevel

Nice Cat!!!  :o  I spend a good bit of time fishing for em on a spin rod, but haven't figured out how to catch them on the fly.  What's the secret fly????  0:0

overbrook

I see you're still at it Marty....nice haul! one of these days I'm gonna make the drive....I'll trade ya meat flies for a day in the hole??  8)

MFTG

Quote from: overbrook on June 30, 2010, 21:05:02 PM
I see you're still at it Marty....nice haul! one of these days I'm gonna make the drive....I'll trade ya meat flies for a day in the hole??  8)

Get yer azz up here is all I'm sayin Tom.  I'll tie up the bunny leeches.

Dammit, I think I just coughed up the 'secret'.

jwhop3

Quote from: thenextlevel on June 30, 2010, 20:02:47 PM
Nice Cat!!!  :o  I spend a good bit of time fishing for em on a spin rod, but haven't figured out how to catch them on the fly.  What's the secret fly????  0:0

2/0 streamer 4x hook, 3/0 brown thread base over lead wire wrap, black possum hair dubbing wrapped really thick, segment into uneven thirds, and zap-a-gap pieces of corn and peanut into the dubbing. Then fart on it and chuck it into the muck. I call it the Stinky Pete!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

thenextlevel

Quote from: jwhop3 on July 12, 2010, 21:43:34 PM
Quote from: thenextlevel on June 30, 2010, 20:02:47 PM

2/0 streamer 4x hook, 3/0 brown thread base over lead wire wrap, black possum hair dubbing wrapped really thick, segment into uneven thirds, and zap-a-gap pieces of corn and peanut into the dubbing. Then fart on it and chuck it into the muck. I call it the Stinky Pete!

Ha.  That would probably work really well!  I think I'm gonna go tie some up.  :laugh:

jwhop3

Wait, [rrrip] I got one right here. Anyone got a wet wipe??
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~