News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creakycane, dublhaul, canii, trout-r-us, Dougfish and 160 Guests are viewing this topic.

Al

Official update (Not that you need the official word if you have seen Troutrus photo)

680 cfs coming out of Philpott for next few days - maybe more depending on this crazy weather.

For those of you thinking about chasing stripers at Weldon - again depending on significant weather events here is the plan - they said they will have another update on Monday.

Sat     35k
Sun     35k
Mon     33k
Tue     33k
Wed     26k
Thu     16k
Fri       9k

Woolly Bugger

I think they already bumped Philpot to 12 or 1350...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Rollin, rollin, rollin.

Woolly Bugger

When I was there the other day there was an old geezer standing in the current tossing lead and a worm! I expect he thought Leroy would be found, I didn't see him catch anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

When I was there the other day there was an old geezer standing in the current tossing lead and a worm! I expect he thought Leroy would be found, I didn't see him catch anything!

me -There's a season?

streamereater_101691

No TR here, but wanted to give everyone a heads up on something. I went to philpott yesterday afternoon for a few hrs. There is more grass on the main lake points(15-30ft of water) than I've ever seen(Milfoil and pondweed mostly). The amounts that the old timers use to talk about growing in the lake. Hopefully this will help the overall fish population of the lake and therefore help the river below. I know recent rains have had to infiltrate the lake with nutrients(good). Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about maybe some good shit..

troutfanatic

Are you going to use Grateful Dead songs on everything you post?

Yeah, probably, maybe...

Tour starts next week and guess who don't have a real job? But I got a nice pension   /'/

Some work by Al, got me linked up with the VDGIF crew to help me out with my graduation research project. I am thankful for Al, George, Scott and Ty for their help on this. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just do something cool, have some fun and graduate.

I was on a trip fishing with some friends (see TR elsewhere) when I got a text from George. Have no fear, help IS on the way. I hauled ass across 58 and we launched the boat.

It wasn't long before we had a full live well.

got lengths and weights.

Outliers?

Both hatchery queens were well past 20".

straight up biomass.

trash

Hi flows...

Summary: 3 hours of sampling, a few hundred fish, ample forage in the sample too. One Bass and one bullhead, plus a bazillion suckers. at least 2 dozen browns were over 20", the biggest was around 25".

Al

Glad I was able to link TF up with these folks. They can always use an outside look and free labor. I suspect this run with the electric fly rod was an eye opener.

Fishbug

Very cool stuff.

IFStultz

Floated from the 666 bridge to the Great rd. takeout yesterday afternoon. Sulphur hatch was on and caught a pile of fish. Good to see fish rising with the water up. Took my buddies daughter out with us for the first time. Fun day. Leaving for Henry's Fork and possibly a side trip to the Missouri Saturday morning.

NCsporksman

Quote from: IFStultz on May 18, 2017, 10:58:01 AM
Floated from the 666 bridge to the Great rd. takeout yesterday afternoon. Sulphur hatch was on and caught a pile of fish. Good to see fish rising with the water up. Took my buddies daughter out with us for the first time. Fun day. Leaving for Henry's Fork and possibly a side trip to the Missouri Saturday morning.

Any mentionable specimens?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

driver

I can't believe wooly is not there as we speak.  He chose carp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IFStultz

Quote from: NCsporksman on May 18, 2017, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: IFStultz on May 18, 2017, 10:58:01 AM

Any mentionable specimens?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's the upper, so nothing huge but the fish look a little bigger then usual up there. The higher flows are improving the whole river. Gonna suck when it drops back to 35cfs for the minimal.

troutfanatic

Don't underestimate the upper river. Those sample pics were from above MV.

Dougfish

Quote from: driver on May 18, 2017, 11:37:07 AM
I can't believe wooly is not there as we speak.  He chose carp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'll be in his run later.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006