News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canii and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

consumnfire1229

Are you trying to say a pack of Newports is outrageous?  $4.99????  Good lawd!  That's a lot of mamma-jamma!

p;- on you guys!
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Big J

Dang spork.  You killed it today.

Fin

Nice!  What a difference a day makes.  Friday we dealt with 400 + CFS and muddy water.  Tough fishing and even tougher wading.

Dougfish

Beetle

Nice job!   One more day of this and I am done finally.  Time to go fishing

mealworm

That explains why I couldn't find a parking spot down there.
Had to settle for dinks on dry flies further north.

Onslow

Quote from: mealworm on December 28, 2014, 11:43:46 AM

Do your really live in Needmore?  I'm trying to understand why you're fishing at the Smith. I've been scoping out stuff in your backyard.  I've crossed the Smith on my way to various jobs about 50 times.  Not once have I fished there.

mealworm

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on December 28, 2014, 19:37:37 PM

Do your really live in Needmore?  I'm trying to understand why you're fishing at the Smith. I've been scoping out stuff in your backyard.  I've crossed the Smith on my way to various jobs about 50 times.  Not once have I fished there.

I travel a LOT.  Spent many days on the Smith before.  Was feeling a little nostalgic.

Onslow

Some of these fine showings will surely cause some groin anxiety for some.  Wonder if this will ultimately result in more dick on the smiff.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on December 29, 2014, 12:11:47 PM
Some of these fine showings will surely cause some groin anxiety for some.  Wonder if this will ultimately result in more dick on the smiff.

Yes, I am sure the river will see a few more visitors.  The somewhat recent encouraging fishy photos and reports coupled with the fresh management strategy for the resource will create a beckoning aroma.  The whole contemporary uniqueness could be a double-edged sword. 

Heck fire, if I had the time, the equipment, and the knowledge I might even follow the scent.  I will say I am happy for the Smith lovers; they are enjoying the fishery and it appears they are having a great time.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

NCsporksman

p;- good luck to all and any who wanna give er' a go, she's a nasty bitch, not all that good lookin either...my type I guess

consumnfire1229

[attach=1]

"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Woolly Bugger

I managed to hit the Smith with the Sally dog, nothing going on up top, so we scooted on down to where the Sprok was killing 'em, but that was any better for me...
Slid off a rock into a deep hole, got soaked, flooded the waders, but fished on for a while before quitting
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on December 29, 2014, 15:35:15 PM
Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on December 29, 2014, 12:11:47 PM

Yes, I am sure the river will see a few more visitors.  The somewhat recent encouraging fishy photos and reports coupled with the fresh management strategy for the resource will create a beckoning aroma.  The whole contemporary uniqueness could be a double-edged sword. 

I know a lot of folks are into "secret spots" and I'm with them when it comes to small streams. I have also been around the Smith long enough that IMHO if not for the hue and cry put out by a few which caught the attention of many others we would not be where we are today. The more folks who fish the water the larger a voice we have. We seem to have arrested the downward decline. Still too early to tell if the upward trend will continue but it is not for the lack of trying.

Woolly Bugger

late start, was invited to float the soho, but I didn't get up in time and besides it was friggin cold in Tennessee. So it was off to the local, where, last week, spork landed three good fish on streamers. Brand new 300 grain sink tip, a Christmas present, on the reel.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!