News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

What a shit show.

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 06, 2021, 17:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I don't ever recall windows being broken or people getting shot during the vietnam war demonstrations. They were a lot more protesters in the halls of congress and they did interrupt the proceedings at times but not like todaay.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

troutrus

I guess the cops only use gas and rubber bullets on black folk.

Deplorable

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Big J

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 17:41:23 PMI guess the cops only use gas and rubber bullets on black folk.

Deplorable

IDK, I was swarmed two years ago by cops for speeding in a 20, had guns pointed at me in Charlotte because I was mistaken for a bank robber, and almost shot by a scared rookie cop in Durham because he thought I was pulling a stolen trailer. think I honestly thought I was going to be shot during the last incident.

My brother was harassed by cops as a youth.  I recall him getting pulled and having the car searched after leaving a church picnic. And there was much more.

People who are fixated on race should deal with their racial hang-ups in private.  Just sayin.

troutrus

Quote from: Onslow on January 06, 2021, 19:53:28 PM
Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 17:41:23 PMI guess the cops only use gas and rubber bullets on black folk.

Deplorable

IDK, I was swarmed two years ago by cops for speeding in a 20, had guns pointed at me in Charlotte because I was mistaken for a bank robber, and almost shot by a scared rookie cop in Durham because he thought I was pulling a stolen trailer. think I honestly thought I was going to be shot during the last incident.

My brother was harassed by cops as a youth.  I recall him getting pulled and having the car searched after leaving a church picnic. And there was much more.

People who are fixated on race should deal with their racial hang-ups in private.  Just sayin.

But yet never once were you guys shot. Lots of black folk in the same circumstances were not so lucky. Just sayin.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Deplorable

The issue of race, or race issues, are not an individual "people" fixation, "hang up", or problem.  It is entirely societal, a social construct, and if we, as individuals, do not address it openly there will never be a solution.  Unless you as an individual do not believe it is a quandary that justifies our attention.   Just sayin.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 20:05:30 PM

Deplorable

But yet never once were you guys shot. Lots of black folk in the same circumstances were not so lucky. Just sayin.

You are Trumpy.  Full of bluster, inscendiary rhetoric, and not shooting straight with your narratives.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on January 06, 2021, 20:43:45 PM
Quote from: troutrus on January 06, 2021, 20:05:30 PM

Deplorable

You are Trumpy.  Full of bluster, inscendiary rhetoric, and not shooting straight with your narratives.

What do expect when you yammer a prototypical white boy response?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

troutrus

You cannot view this attachment.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Hey Ken, your post, now deleted, lasted long enough for me to see it.

Ken's deleted retort to my previous post: "Your response is lazy, cowardly, and incoherent.  I'm disappointed."

I'll turn the other cheek on "lazy" and "incoherent", and I'm not interested at all if you're "disappointed", but "cowardly" crosses my hillbilly, hayseed line.  "Cowardly" stirs the demon that's remained quiescent for years.   

Ponder carefully.  Are you completely sure you want to play hardball? 

Dougfish

From Tim Alberta  on Twitter:
"Imagine if Obama lost in 2012, spent the next two months inciting a coup and refusing to concede, and then hundreds of black protestors stormed the US Capitol building to try and stop the certification of his defeat.
Just...imagine."

White priviledge. Stoked by a racist, malignant narcissist.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006