News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited odds and ends

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 13, 2020, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Onslow on March 10, 2023, 18:34:39 PMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862

It appears the entire Sacramento valley is at risk of being a large inland sea this year.  Please take a moment, and imagine what this will do to the already stressed food supply if this does in fact happen this year.

The Sierras have been hammered this year. Yosemite has been closed for a couple of weeks and the valley's floor isn't all that high in elevation. Tioga pass may not even open this year. The Central valleys could flood to. The Kings and the San Joaquine forks drain a lot of water. If any of you have a trip planned for any earlier in the year than mid to late August, you may want to rethink it.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Onslow on March 10, 2023, 18:34:39 PMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862

It appears the entire Sacramento valley is at risk of being a large inland sea this year.  Please take a moment, and imagine what this will do to the already stressed food supply if this does in fact happen this year.

First levee broke today. It looks like the Eastern side of the Sierras are also in danger. 
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

That's one way to replenish the ground water
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

About the only thing we are hearing out of Ukraine now days is about funding. Things are not going well for Ukraine and they may be on the verge of getting much worse.
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Trying to protect a lace-leaf maple from frost. Hoping the DOD doesn't mistake it for a spy balloon.
You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

driver

Well, if a 2 inch spider is considered giant....  -+;

Dee-Vo

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Big J on March 24, 2023, 07:58:17 AMhttps://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/sport/aurelien-sanchez-barkley-marathons-ultrarunning-spt-intl/index.html

Just nuts

It is nuts. If you haven't watched any of the Youtube videos on this race, please do. Those people are tough. I picked up running prettiest much daily 8 months ago and have never felt better, physically or mentally. Some of these ultra-rugged challenges are insane. I give them credit.

Woolly Bugger

The untold story of Jimmy Carter, his best friend and a murder charge

History remembers him as Jimmy Carter's closest childhood friend.

In his best-selling memoirs and poetry, the former president detailed his adventures with Alonzo "A.D." Davis, the nephew of Black tenant farmers who labored on Carter family land in Depression-era southwest Georgia.

At a time of violently enforced racial segregation, the boys grew up together, the 39th president wrote: They wrestled, hunted rabbits, caught catfish and slipped off to the movies, forging a bond that led a 14-year-old Carter to question the Jim Crow norms that barred his "primary playmate" from joining his family at the dinner table.

https://wapo.st/42UqN5J
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Feds bust small-town Virginia mayor for dumping raw sewage in New River

In the town of Glen Lyn, perched on the New River in Virginia's remote Giles County, a small-town mayor is facing federal charges after he allegedly ordered town employees to dump raw sewage into the river.

The town, which is home to less than 100 inhabitants, boasts on its website of the beautiful parks, trails and 1,500-acre Kairos Resort nearby. But, lacking in its own facilities, the town shared a waste treatment plant with the nearby town of Rich Creek — population 741.

Now, James Howard Spencer, the mayor of Glen Lyn, is accused of violating the Clean Water Act by ordering town employees to dump raw sewage from a pump station directly into a tributary of the New River on at least three separate occasions.

"The defendant abused his position of authority and violated the public's trust by ordering public employees of Glen Lyn to illegally discharge raw sewage into the East River, a tributary of the New River," said Acting Special Agent in Charge Richard Conrad.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-bust-small-town-virginia-mayor-for-dumping-raw-sewage-in-new-river/ar-AA19jzdz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b5dc8b4d78f54aaeaf6b14798f62f344&ei=21

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Who all will be breaking out the camp stoves due to Saturday evening's big blow?

Power is rarely lost in my street/town, but it happened.  Bet it was wild in Blowing Rock and the Three Top area in Ashe county.

Woolly Bugger

We lost power for an hour this morning —
me -There's a season?