News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Community care for the aging

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, January 08, 2023, 17:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Here's something that might warm some of you, if you love dogs.

Let me introduce you to the mayor of The Grove, CJ the beagle.  CJ is 15 years old, completely blind and deaf.  The entire citizenry has embraced his deteriorating condition.  We are all amazed he continues to migrate through the community, visiting all his neighbors, expecting a scratch of the ear and a tasty dog biscuit.  His owner lets CJ do his thing in his winter years, because everyone, and even the other pooches, respects the mayor.

Recently, he's become the best traveled member of The Grove.  About 4 months ago, he was picked up by a county deputy, unfamiliar with his community status, transported in a warm vehicle to the vet in Warm Springs.  There the deputy was informed of his owner and eventually returned CJ to his home.  Then, a month or so ago, CJ was spotted by a skier returning from Snowshoe.  The skier, feeling sorry for the mayor, loaded him up and took him to Harrisonburg.  There he looked at the ID on CJ's collar, called his owner, and returned him to The Grove.  CJ loves warm rides in a vehicle.

CJ was a primo rabbit hound for years.  Everyone will shed some tears when we're forced to elect a new mayor. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Yesterday, one hell of a day!

The mayor of Mt. Grove passed yesterday.  The entire community is mourning.  I will admit I cried like an infant.

Not that I believe in spirits or other such nonsense, but yesterday I felt something was out of the ordinary when the young gal offered me a free senior drink with my salad at Wendy's.  I was touched because it was the first time someone recognized me as a senior.  I enthusiastically thanked her for her evaluation, because I got all warm and fuzzing inside from the entire interaction.  If I did believe, then CJ was perched at my feet in Wendy's, begging for a chunk of my grilled chicken from my salad.   

Not that I believe in a heaven, but a dog heaven seems entertaining.  The majority of the human species certainly does not merit a heavenly paradise, but most dogs do.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Good dogs never last long enough.

And I'm calling BS on this being the first time your ever offered a senior discount.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 10, 2023, 10:28:26 AMYesterday, one hell of a day!

The mayor of Mt. Grove passed yesterday.  The entire community is mourning.  I will admit I cried like an infant.

Not that I believe in spirits or other such nonsense, but yesterday I felt something was out of the ordinary when the young gal offered me a free senior drink with my salad at Wendy's.  I was touched because it was the first time someone recognized me as a senior.  I enthusiastically thanked her for her evaluation, because I got all warm and fuzzing inside from the entire interaction.  If I did believe, then CJ was perched at my feet in Wendy's, begging for a chunk of my grilled chicken from my salad.   

Not that I believe in a heaven, but a dog heaven seems entertaining.  The majority of the human species certainly does not merit a heavenly paradise, but most dogs do.

Sorry to hear abut the mayor. Anyone who wouldn't cry when their dog died has a loose wire somewhere. Funny, I always had you pegged as a cat guy. :cheers 
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski