Innocent - Guilty
0 (0%)
Innocent - Innocent
0 (0%)
Innocent - Hung Jury
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Woolly Bugger

I think he's guilty but it's a tough case to prove without the murder weapons and other direct links to Alex and the murders.

I hope the jury gets it right and finds him guilty.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

I think he's guilty as well, but think he was a skilled enough lawyer that he presented a convincing enough testimony to sway at least one or more of the jury. Guilty -- hung jury.

greg

I just wonder how many people that family has killed or had killed over the years. For over 100 years someone if that family was the solicitor in that county. I feel sure he killed the house keeper. And don't think there is any question he killed wife and son.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 01, 2023, 15:14:23 PMI think he's guilty but it's a tough case to prove without the murder weapons and other direct links to Alex and the murders.

I hope the jury gets it right and finds him guilty.

One of the things that has been injected that I'm sure will be troublesome for the prosecution is the boating accident revenge theory. Think about if his son had killed your little girl drunk in the middle of the night and then left her there in the dark backwaters of the low country to die >:D I would want revenge.
He is a despicable human being no doubt about it. Another angle is the jurors know he's going to do a lot of time for the financial crimes he committed so it's not like he's going to just walk. He will be disbarred and loose everything they know he has. I bet the sob has a bunch of money stashed and hidden assets. I wish I knew where his gun and pill stash was.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on March 01, 2023, 15:49:37 PMI just wonder how many people that family has killed or had killed over the years. For over 100 years someone if that family was the solicitor in that county. I feel sure he killed the house keeper. And don't think there is any question he killed wife and son.

I'm glad you brought this up. I wanted to but I don't always just want to be viewed as the one stirring the pot. I'm sure the corruption from that family has traditionally had it's tentacles spread far and deep in the judicial system of the low county of SC for the last 100 years.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Crooks like Alex are everywhere.  Pillars of the community that live the high life should always be suspect.  I'd say 30-50 percent of the population have no qualms about screwing the public, over billing clients, and screwing family members out of money.

From my vantage point and with limited knowledge, I'd say Paul did in the housekeeper for ratting on him for various things, and the double murder was a domestic dispute over Paul that did not end well. Paul was a much bigger problem than what is being portrayed.  It very well could have been self defense w/wife attempting to interfere.

Where was Buster?

greg

One rumor going around the upstate is that Paul went to his father telling him to get him cleared of the boat charges. Alex said he couldn't do anything and Paul threatened to tell That Alex had killed housekeeper. Alex killed Paul. Wife is witness and he has to kill her as well.

troutboy_II

Is it OK to say "Who cares?"  b';

There are more important things to focus on in this world, not the least of which is fishing.  Just say'in...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Phil

Quote from: troutboy_II on March 02, 2023, 10:58:32 AMIs it OK to say "Who cares?"  b';

There are more important things to focus on in this world, not the least of which is fishing.  Just say'in...

TB

Ok, let's see your tr from yesterday.

troutboy_II

I think you missed my point or maybe I didn't splain it well. But to your point, the fact that I wasn't on a creek yesterday still doesn't make me interested in this shit show. 

Just my $.02. Your milage may vary.

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

driver

I did not vote because there is not a "who the fuck cares" bitton

troutboy_II

Quote from: driver on March 02, 2023, 13:07:58 PMI did not vote because there is not a "who the fuck cares" bitton

Yup.  My point exactly.

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

Trout Maharishi

Well at least now we can go back to reading TBII's tying instructions and fishing reports.  :cheers  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
― Charles Bukowski