News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Nils Lofgren, Joe Rogan, and Spotify....

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 30, 2022, 09:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will musicians pulling their songs from Spotify Streaming have any impact on them capitalizing on Joe Rogan's podcast?

Neil, Joni, & Nils ... who?
2 (12.5%)
only if major current artists, like Taylor Swift,  join the boycott,
1 (6.3%)
Joe who?
2 (12.5%)
what is spotify? and why do I care.?
9 (56.3%)
one time at bandcamp I got some spots..
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Mr. Don

I guess I'm one of the few here who actually watch Rogan. He is not anti vax. He is anti vax mandate. Joe had covid. All Joe really wants to do is comedy, hunt, and smoke pot.
The faster we go the rounder we get.

Trout Maharishi

Have any of you actually listened to the pod cast in question? I doubt Neil or Joni or any of the rest of the artist have, and what makes them smarter and more qualified than any of us or the guest he had on to try and sort things out? These guest were highly qualified MD's and scientists not some crack head from skid row.  I think often times these type of decisions are based on negative headlines and false narratives. Does something become disinformation because you don't agree with it? He has had guest on from every side of the covid issue. Here we are 2 years later and we are still finding new treatments, drugs, and more and more people are vaccinated yet the numbers of new cases is through the roof. Things we though were written in stone have turned out to be not true. The vaccine doesn't keep you from being infected or transmitting it to others, it was probably engineered in a lab, cloth mask are basically worthless, drugs they though weren't effective have turned out to be useful. Even natural immunity and vaccinations don't stop you from getting it a second time. I'm more confused every day. I think it is an ever evolving situation and this posturing and BS by these people is laughable to me :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

All of the contrived dumbfuckery pertaining to Rogan, Chappelle, Whoopi, Tlaib, is just bad seed being sown. A bitter harvest will follow.

We are ill prepared to handle a real crisis if peeps are upset about Rogan.

greg

I watched it but was tripping on DMT at the time si I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Yallerhammer

They're full of shit. Joe tries to listen to and think about all angles of an issue instead of blindly following the narrative he's told to, which is a rare thing nowadays. Just because something doesn't agree with your ideas or agenda doesn't mean that it's misinformation. Maybe you're wrong. THe idea of a round earth that wasn't the center of the universe was once considered misinformation.  I'm sick of self-righteous cancel culture and forced groupthink.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Big J

I could honestly not think of a group of people or a story I could care less about.  With all the issues in the world, this being more than 5 minutes of air time and "outrage" is astonishing to me.  And the people on all sides thinking their opinions actually matter.  :laugh:

trout-r-us

Quote from: Big J on February 02, 2022, 09:04:11 AMI could honestly not think of a group of people or a story I could care less about. ................
And the people on all sides thinking their opinions actually matter.  :laugh:

And yet with all that said you still took time to offer your opinion. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

For those not familiar with the show,  this guy offers a summary.

― Heraclitus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

What is Spotify?  I had no idea before this thread, compelled to look it up.

After seeing Wooly's earlier post, I now know why Spotify was a mystery.

"spotify's main demographic is users between 18 and 34 years old."

Nope, too old.

"Spotify is one of the most popular mobile apps in the US.'

Nope, 0 apps on my flip.

"52% of its users like to listen to Spotify using mobile phones and tablets."

Nope, old phone and don't own a tablet. 

This morning I feel most fortunate to be so oblivious on what the heck is going on. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Big J on February 02, 2022, 09:04:11 AMI could honestly not think of a group of people or a story I could care less about.  With all the issues in the world, this being more than 5 minutes of air time and "outrage" is astonishing to me.  And the people on all sides thinking their opinions actually matter.  :laugh:
You are so right Big J, the government doesn't give a crap about what we think and we are on the verge of becoming a 3rd world county. China, Russia, inflation, illegal immigration, and crime are on my mind. I don't watch Rogan for Rogan, I watch him for the guest he has on and the conversations they have. It seems a whole lot of people like him though. He is curshing the ratings.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 02, 2022, 10:02:46 AMWhat is Spotify?  I had no idea before this thread, compelled to look it up.

After seeing Wooly's earlier post, I now know why Spotify was a mystery.

"spotify's main demographic is users between 18 and 34 years old."

Nope, too old.

"Spotify is one of the most popular mobile apps in the US.'

Nope, 0 apps on my flip.

"52% of its users like to listen to Spotify using mobile phones and tablets."

Nope, old phone and don't own a tablet. 

This morning I feel most fortunate to be so oblivious on what the heck is going on. 

I'm thinking more and more you may be on to something.
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on February 02, 2022, 09:32:00 AMFor those not familiar with the show,  this guy offers a summary.

DMT is old news. Try some 5-MeO-DMT instead. <-;:  :cheers  :o
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: trout-r-us on February 02, 2022, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 31, 2022, 10:46:55 AMwhy exactly is this guy so popular?

Ignorance loves company; sheep need a shepherd.
Yep. Neil Young is a shepherd for a big flock of blind, ignorant bahhhhhing sheep who need someone on the tv to tell them how to think.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff