News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

NC CnR Stream

Started by glassfisher, January 11, 2009, 11:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassfisher

Fished a double top secret stream in western NC yesterday.  Sorry I can't divulge the name, I don't want everyone finding out about it.   :-X    Maybe a couple of you will recognize the pics.   ;)
[attachment=1]
I got to the stream at about 10 AM, I decided to let it warm up a little bit before starting.  The last few times I fished early in the AM it wasn't worth fighting ice in the guides for an extra couple hours of usually slow fishing.  It was cool and clear and even though the forecast called for rain I was guessing it wouldn't start for a few hours, so I left the jacket in the car.  I headed to a run that usually produces some nice fish and didn't disappoint.  I got into a few nice browns and bows, but no pigs.  The takes were really subtle, but they consistently hit a sz 22 red midge pupae.  I tried some other flies throughout the day, and caught one fish on grey midge.  All the rest on the red.  Not more than an hour into it, a cool rain started and I was back at the truck putting my jacket on.   o-o  A few more rain showers came and went and the weather warmed to about 50.  I stayed on the stream until dusk catching fish pretty consistently throughout the day.  Not every cast by any means, but I never got into one of those long fishless periods that make you wonder what the hell happened either. 
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

Woolly Bugger

gee, i have no clue as to what that stream is, all the fishes are so small....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Showoff!  >:D ;D Did you dip your flies in shrimp juice or tuna juice this time? :police:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Fire-Fly

Looks like you had a nice day. 0--0

glassfisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on January 11, 2009, 13:45:40 PM
Showoff!  >:D ;D Did you dip your flies in shrimp juice or tuna juice this time? :police:

Neither, soaked-em in beer  0--0
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

troutphisher

Not bad!

Beer and bows.... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Good job. Too much water around here to do any fishing. I'm glad to see some folks getting out.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

benflyfishn

Looks and sounds like a great trip.  0--0 With a new baby, i will have to fish vicarously thru you guys. o-o Thanks for the report. Glad to see the water flow so well at the secret stream. ;hb
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

Z-Man

Me too -
I lose fewer flies when I vicariously fish.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!