Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

If you need a happy pick-me-up, go watch "Green Inferno" on Netflix.  :laugh:
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 04, 2021, 09:28:14 AM<div class="pbs-viral-player-wrapper" style="position: relative; padding-top: calc(56.25% + 43px);"><iframe src="https://player.pbs.org/viralplayer/3050907215/" allowfullscreen style="position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: 0;"></iframe></div>

Ken Burns Hemingway premiers 4/5/21

I watched the series and recorded to watch again later.  Well done I thought, but I was stunned to learn how often the truth seemed to escape Hemingway.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Al

Quote from: troutrus on April 11, 2021, 18:51:45 PMI have enjoyed some of his work. Great author in my opinion.
Aside from that, over the years I had heard him described as a narcissistic, misogynist piece of shit. Apparently that portrayal was fairly accurate.
Killed a lot of big fish for sure.

We DVR'd it and have watched 2 nights worth so far. Trout's is right - my sentiments as well.

troutrus

Wife and I found it Interesting, entertaining, educational. Eight episodes about one hour each. Conveniently viewed at your leisure via PBS Passport App.

troutrus

Good one on Netflix about some really wonderful people.

Woolly Bugger

Zookeeper looks like a great story during tragic times.

I just listened to Dan Carlin's Ghosts of the Ostfront I - IV for the third time, after listening to Supernova of the East I -V, in anticipation of the final episode VI which I hope will be released soon. (PM for links)

I just watched Downfall again and wated to watch Das Boot the movie, but found the HULU series instead, watched Episodes ! & 2 so far...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

stumbled across this jewel of a WWI movie...

great story based on actual events...

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

This WWII movie is on Netflix and is pretty good.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

oh and watch The Closer, that's some funny shit... Dave Chappelle is a genius, $60 Million for five Netflix specials

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 21, 2021, 08:30:14 AMoh and watch The Closer, that's some funny shit... Dave Chappelle is a genius, $60 Million for five Netflix specials

Chapelle is one of the funniest human beings on this planet. And says exactly what he thinks, fuck Karen and them.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

"What could I possibly be saying to make these bitches hate me?"
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Dougfish on October 21, 2021, 19:31:34 PM"What could I possibly be saying to make these bitches hate me?"

The truth.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 20, 2021, 22:38:46 PMThis WWII movie is on Netflix and is pretty good.

Really good.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 22, 2021, 00:15:24 AMNo subtitles!

Turn them on —  d:b

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?