News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

troutboy_II

Quote from: troutboy_II on January 13, 2021, 15:43:10 PMTrout_girl and I got our first shot today. SC dropped age to 70 and we both turn 71 this week.

Update on our vaccine shots -  other than some soreness at injection point the first day, no issues at all..  Better than some flu shots I have had. So, although I am sure that there are some who will have issues, hopefully our experience will give you some comfort in what you may be in for. 

You pays your money and takes your chances, but I'm glad this is available. Please strongly consider taking this.

TB

PS - Get shot two on Groundhog Day. Will report after.
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

got a text from novant to schedule an appt... went online and scheduled first available date; April 19  :o
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

greg

Guy I went to high school with just lost his father. Wife has an uncle been in ICU for about a week  and half. He probably won't make it. Can't get vaccine fast enough. My parents get first shot next week. Stay well.

Onslow

Damn Keith, what a bummer.

Teachers won't be eligible for vaccines until the 65 year old group is poked.

There have been cases of students going to school infected, then bragging about it on social media. Don't ask how I was made aware of this.

Some parents are arranging private prom nights because schools won't host them.

troutrus

I was notified Friday that we could sign up with Rockingham county Healh Dept. When I started typing my wife's name, address, and phone number there were 50 some spots available for Jan 21st. When I hit the enter key ~30 seconds later got a message that said all spots were full. No further dates have been scheduled.  b';

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

My mother in law just had to be put on a ventilator after a week in ICU. I doubt seriously that she will survive. 3 weeks ago she was a strong willed independent 90 year old warhorse going strong. Covid is some bad shit.

Dougfish

Damn. So sorry.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Damn Phil, I'm sorry to hear your family is being beset by such hardship during these challenging times.

troutrus

Big J

Sorry to hear that Phil.

Al

Don't give up yet Phil. My wife was on a ventilator for 9 days about 10 years ago. In ICU for about 15 days. Trying times which some of you may remember. Total of 28 days before coming home. (Had to do rehap to learn to do most things we take for granted again)

Prayers for her recovery.

Woolly Bugger

Thoughts and prayers, Phil

me -There's a season?

greg