News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 14, 2020, 15:55:44 PM
Quote from: Onslow on April 14, 2020, 14:11:03 PMThe common cold is probably the most well know corona virus.  Ain't no vaccine for it.  Some mastery over the influenza virus (corona) has been attained. If humans are struggling with the older aforementioned corona viruses, how in the heck to do we expect clear dominion over Covid 19?

Fauci stated we would never shake hands again.  I think we are struggling to come to terms with the new reality.

What really causes me heartburn is the seemingly complete inability for the "superpower" to manufacture simple PPE for the its own citizens. We were profoundly sick long before Covid 19 exposed the real sickness.

QuoteThere are now 70 vaccine research efforts underway, according to the World Health Organization. Even with the resources of the two pharma giants, the world is likely to need multiple vaccines to meet the unprecedented global demand for a coronavirus vaccine, GSK executives said.

I think less than a third of all common colds are caused by corona viruses.  I believe we'll beat this sons-a-bitch #19!!!  It may take 18 months to 2 years, or at least we may be better prepared for the next one.  Hopefully we'll learn.

Must try to glean the positives -- multiple silver linings for me personally – driving less, spending less $, fortuitous reason to keep extra distance from the wife, relearning how to wipe my ass with crude naturals, no longer required to shake hands even with the dipstick kin – the list is voluminous.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

NC National Forest Closures

Too many people think that stay at home / social distancing means "vacation" let's party or go to a park

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2020/04/14/pisgah-national-forest-shuts-down-camping-many-trails-until-august/2988192001/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 14, 2020, 20:14:52 PMNC National Forest Closures

Too many people think that stay at home / social distancing means "vacation" let's party or go to a park

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2020/04/14/pisgah-national-forest-shuts-down-camping-many-trails-until-august/2988192001/

I hate all the park closures, but that's the reason, damn it. The mountain trails, parks, Parkway, etc. are all PACKED with out-of-towners and out of state people right now. The only grocery store in Blowing Rock is full of tourists during a supposed stay at home order. It's crazy. Like you said, it only takes a case or two coming here to start a hot-spot.

Woolly Bugger

Got my Stimulus money  V:;   d:b  and nowhere to go...  :o
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

Quote from: Phil on April 15, 2020, 07:47:04 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 14, 2020, 20:14:52 PMNC National Forest Closures

I hate all the park closures, but that's the reason, damn it. The mountain trails, parks, Parkway, etc. are all PACKED with out-of-towners and out of state people right now. The only grocery store in Blowing Rock is full of tourists during a supposed stay at home order. It's crazy. Like you said, it only takes a case or two coming here to start a hot-spot.

I'm hanging out in my company vehicle at Ransom st.  This place seems dead to me :wave Tis a pity it is so cold and windy.  Conditions are not ideal for a moment on the Middle Fork during my lunch break.

The Elkin Lowes seems to be a social hotspot.  More patrons there than the stores in Greensboro.

Phil

Quote from: Onslow on April 15, 2020, 08:32:36 AM
Quote from: Phil on April 15, 2020, 07:47:04 AM

I'm hanging out in my company vehicle at Ransom st.  This place seems dead to me :wave Tis a pity it is so cold and windy.  Conditions are not ideal for a moment on the Middle Fork during my lunch break.

The Elkin Lowes seems to be a social hotspot.  More patrons there than the stores in Greensboro.

Today is cold, and it's Wednesday. You should have been here this weekend, or on any sunny day at Bass Lake trails or the Broyhill Lake walkways and count the out of state tags. The grocery store has been busy with out of towners.

Woolly Bugger

Well, I've been traveling to the Smith River as often as I can.. I get gas in Winston ($1.49/gallon) and stop for ice at a self-service machine ($2.00 / 16 lbs) I don't stop anywhere in VA, and I don't have any contact with anybody! #staythefuckaway #businessasusualfordabugger

You cannot view this attachment.
Walkertown, NC

d:b

Find a location near you Click Here
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

My Isolation Breaking Point
I can't wait for social distancing to end, so I can be alone again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/opinion/covid-fishing.html

me -There's a season?

itieuglyflies

I was so depressed last night about Covid-19, the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security,
retirement funds, etc. I called a Suicide Hotline and got a call center in Pakistan and when I told
them I was suicidal they got all excited and ask if I could drive a truck!

Woolly Bugger

not funny itieuglyflies....

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The closure of all 56 Tennessee state parks has been extended indefinitely.

The announcement comes as officials at the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation continue to monitor health and safety guidance related to COVID-19. All parks had previously been set to reopen on April 14.

"We are grateful for the cooperation and understanding of Tennesseans during this difficult period," Jim Bryson, deputy commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, said. "We are extending closure of the parks in the interest of safety for everyone."

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/all-tennessee-state-parks-closed-indefinitely?fbclid=IwAR2WpgCrOAwI_gfxblLLrCLxgugu3irPuolnUjf7BZjq9ohz66tN5rwyFMM
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

This just in;

As stimulus checks hit bank accounts , gun sales pick up again!

Along with other sporting goods like kayaks, bicycles, home gyms and fishing supplies!
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 15, 2020, 22:33:46 PMThis just in;

As stimulus checks hit bank accounts , gun sales pick up again!

Along with other sporting goods like kayaks, bicycles, home gyms and fishing supplies!

Sounds like great stimulus for Chinese manufacturing.

Onslow

Found the whole essay to be rather entertaining.

https://www.davidwarrenonline.com/2020/04/16/the-world-cannot-be-fixed/

QuoteThose with a broader sense of current history, might observe that Nixon and Kissinger made a grave mistake by their "opening to China." But that was an argument I lost nearly half a century ago. China should have remained in isolation, until the demonic Maoist regime had collapsed. Here, however, I must not try to lure myself into the bottomless history of lost causes.

Woolly Bugger

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

>>>>>BOSTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now "actively looking into" results from universal COVID-19 testing at Pine Street Inn homeless shelter.
The broad-scale testing took place at the shelter in Boston's South End a week and a half ago because of a small cluster of cases there.

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.[/B}
me -There's a season?