1984, Blade Runner, BRAZIL (Movie), Minority Report??? NO IT's the FBI

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 04, 2008, 13:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

"It's the beginning of the surveillance society where you can be tracked anywhere, any time and all your movements, and eventually all your activities will be tracked and noted and correlated," said Barry Steinhardt, director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Technology and Liberty Project.

$1 BILLION

The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/02/04/fbi.biometrics/index.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly

I have nothing to hide. If it will prevent a future terrorist attack or catch criminals i'm for it.

Gofisher

Quote from: Fire-Fly on February 04, 2008, 14:53:50 PM
I have nothing to hide. If it will prevent a future terrorist attack or catch criminals i'm for it.

I can see by your karma that your opinion is well regarded here. I guess I'm for it too then... 8@S
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Trout Maharishi

Don't worry Goldie, I'm sure we are already in the data base :police: :angel:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lepomis_mcro

something has already been said on that isue

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Fire-Fly

Quote from: lepomis_mcro on February 05, 2008, 10:48:50 AM

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

I completely understand your statement, and nor do i wish to give up my freedoms, but me allowing the gov. to keep a record of my eye color and palm prints and physical characteristics is not losing a freedom. I have my children finger printed so that if something happened the localities will have that to help them. From what i read that was posted they want a data base of more than just fingerprints. Personally if i felt that my freedoms were being stripped to do this i would be against such acts.

troutphisher

The government can't even keep a balanced budget....LOL
How in the fuck can they keep accurate records of personal parameters?

Typical gov bureaucracy, bigger gov is the answer....he he he he he.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Fire-Fly

Quote from: troutphisher on February 05, 2008, 12:56:35 PM
The government can't even keep a balanced budget....LOL
How in the fuck can they keep accurate records of personal parameters?

Typical gov bureaucracy, bigger gov is the answer....he he he he he.

I will agree with that. I guess we will have to borrow the money from China to fund it though.  :-X

Woolly Bugger

- Benjamin Franklin
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

I need to get in touch with Ted Kennedy's tax consultant, maybe I can "hide" taxable income in Tahiti too. I want to be part of the great tax releife effort too.

Let the little people pay, not me!

Then I can support this kind of spending, knowing very little of my money will actually be used.

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

jamisjockey

Quote from: Fire-Fly on February 05, 2008, 11:33:47 AM

I completely understand your statement, and nor do i wish to give up my freedoms, but me allowing the gov. to keep a record of my eye color and palm prints and physical characteristics is not losing a freedom. I have my children finger printed so that if something happened the localities will have that to help them. From what i read that was posted they want a data base of more than just fingerprints. Personally if i felt that my freedoms were being stripped to do this i would be against such acts.

How on earth is it any of the governments business what the color of a law abiding citizens eyes are? 
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream