News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A Little Deer Huntin

Started by WRector, November 08, 2010, 19:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRector

Like Al, my fishing opportunities have been slim for the past couple of weeks, but I got the opportunity to spend some time with my father this weekend in the ole tree stand.  Missed a doe Saturday morning while overlooking a nice food plot.  Being in SC, we have the opportunity to hunt private land on Sunday, so Dad and I decided to try out a spot he have found very recently.  Turned out, it was a good one...

There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

flatlander

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benflyfishn

Nice 8 WR!! I am finally going this weekend, I hope to have that luck.
What happens on the stream, stays there..........

Al

Yep, definitely a shooter in my book  'c; 'c; 'c;

diaz dassie

Heck yeah!Time for some jerky! ;D

Get Bent

Nice buck.. way better than my scrubby 3 point this year.  -0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

WRector

Thanks for the congratulations fellers!

I was feeling pretty high, as this is the my biggest deer yet.  However, TBird knocked me down just a notch yesterday morning.  Know he has been a little busy as of yet, so I will go ahead and post what he calls Swamp Daddy!  Congrats Bud, hope you don't mind me posting your tiny ass buck!!!

JACK ASS!   bd;0  bd;0  bd;0

tbird4

I guess it's back to fishing.  :P

troutphisher

Nice deer's for sure gents!....save some of that hide for tyeing materials.... 'c;
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

OldDominionAngler

Good lookin bucks.   'c;

So, what's your'lls favorite venison marinade?  Never shot a deer, but a buddy gave me a good 25 lbs. of deer meat last week.  I thawed some backstraps and tenderloins that I'm trying to grill up tomorrow.

WRector

Dales (sp) does a good job, but really I like to just rub with salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little cajun seaoning (Tony Catcheries (sp)) and throw it on the grill.  You want the meat to be medium-rare to medium. 

If you over-cook it the meat will get tough.  A little blood never hurt anyone!!!! 

Get Bent

Holy Fuck...that is a nice buck there Tbird... I have killed some nice 8's but that definitely is bigger than anything I have killed. Good work!
Konichiwa Bitches!

Trout Maharishi

Nice ones guys 'c; That swamp thang is full grown for sure. :o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

tbird4

Killed some close to same spread, but not near the mass.  The wifey is just gonna have to deal with a deer head on the wall.