News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Nuclear Disaster...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - March 26, 2024, 08:35:25 AM
Images from deep inside Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant show daunting scale of clean-up job

Images taken by miniature drones from deep inside a badly damaged reactor at the Fukushima nuclear plant show displaced control equipment and misshapen materials but leave many questions unanswered, underscoring the daunting task of decommissioning the plant.

The 12 photos released by the plant's operator are the first from inside the main structural support called the pedestal in the hardest-hit No. 1 reactor's primary containment vessel, an area directly under the reactor's core. Officials had long hoped to reach the area to examine the core and melted nuclear fuel which dripped there when the plant's cooling systems were damaged by a massive earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

Earlier attempts with robots were unable to reach the area. The two-day probe using tiny drones was completed last week by Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, or TEPCO, which released the photos on Monday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fukushima-nuclear-disaster-japan-drone-photos-deep-inside-reactor-1-meltdown/
Local Trip Reports / Re: Smith-Continued
Last post by Woolly Bugger - March 26, 2024, 08:27:40 AM

#24 -- 28 mid to upper 50s to low 60s partly cloudy

There was one TACO in the lot, at first I thought it was Doug but it was someone else. I hiked in with two rod and watched a hawk and crow do battle in the sky above the field. I hit a run, swinging flies but didn't even get a bump. Decided I'd do some trail maintenance while waiting for the day to warm up and give the bugs some time to get active. I ran into the other fisherman reting his rig at the T-pool bench.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

After clearing the path I swung flies for the next couple of hours and caught nothing.

Moving back upstream I finally started to get some bumps and brought a few small fish to hand.

I spent quite a bit of time just sitting on the benches and watching the water flow by while sipping on a beer or two.

A raft with a pair of bobber fishermen floated by in the afternoon and anglers chased stockers in town.

Some rain in the forecast may change my outlook for the rest of the week but I hope to get another day or two in before the end of the month.

The Gravel Bar / Re: unlimited odds and ends
Last post by trout-r-us - March 26, 2024, 08:03:11 AM
Making books available vs making books required reading are two different things.
I would agree that the public schools should be monitored regarding books that are required reading, but the libraries should offer the opportunity for students to research any topic they would like. To do otherwise, restricts learning which in turn can lead to the creation of more ignorant bigoted blowhards such as Senator Kennedy.
Last post by Onslow - March 26, 2024, 05:05:53 AM
Quote from: troutboy_II on March 25, 2024, 12:20:08 PMWhile I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

Imho of course... Your milage may very.

TB
Quote from: troutboy_II on March 25, 2024, 12:20:08 PMWhile I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

TB

DeSantis is a moral supremacist just as the Neo Woke crowd are.  Same smelly shit in a different wrapper.

Perhaps a tuition refund for all his advance degrees are in order being he does not have the smarts to handle the dumb-dumbs he's quarreling with.  Yes, he is correct, there are materials that should not be in public schools.  My issue is how he exposed weakness in handling the situation by compromising the 1st, and not enforcing existing child protection laws.

Shining a light on the stupid is a great way to confront the issue.

Last post by creakycane - March 25, 2024, 17:58:09 PM
Pretty day today.  Perhaps the clear, cold nights have suppressed bug activity.  Took a couple on nymphs, but slow going for me today.  Fished 10:30- 230 or so, water up a little and fairly clear once Town Creek dropped off.   Rain coming weds/Thurs will almost certainly require an increase in flow.   
Last post by troutboy_II - March 25, 2024, 12:20:08 PM
While I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

TB
Last post by trout-r-us - March 24, 2024, 12:39:19 PM
More fun coming for folks that have fun hating Yankees.

"Boomers fed up with Florida are moving to southern Appalachia, fueling a population spike in longtime rural communities"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boomers-fed-florida-moving-southern-152041744.html
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Nuclear Disaster...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - March 24, 2024, 10:03:09 AM

Last post by Dougfish - March 24, 2024, 06:38:26 AM
My wife is all in.
1800 Sq ft heated. 600 unheated in basement.
She's also good for my 260 sq ft shop addition.  :Dance
She gets a new kitchen and expanded shower out of the deal. And laundry comes upstairs in a few years.
Last post by Phil - March 24, 2024, 06:37:52 AM
Downsizing. Heh. My home/cabin of 30 years has 900 square feet upstairs and a ship type spiral staircase down to a 500 sf basement with laundry and storage space.