2/27/11 Pushin' the Shad run again...

Started by croaker, February 27, 2011, 19:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Went on a boat ride with Billres this mornin', two or three weeks early fer Shad in  the Savannah River near Waynesboro.  I made a sacrifice to the river gods before we got on plane.  Hat with flip focals blew off and sank...   b';     Ran several miles upriver from here:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hit the likely spots and no Shad, we only lost two flys.  Stopped by a slough on the way back to try fer Crappie or possible Yellow Perch.  No luck.  Headed to the hill around noon.  Thanks fer the ride Bill!

Got home just as Miss Debbie and the kids were takin' chicken off the grill, butter beans & rice with home made biscuits sure beats viennas and crackers.  Held the couch down fer a few hours...

Walked down to the local pond to see ifn I could put a bend in the flyrod...  Caught a few of these:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ain't Shorts and flip flops in February Grand!!!

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

It may be warming up in SC, but the waters in the SoHo are still running cold...

good work there Don!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MarshStomper

I've heard they've started to show in the Tail Race, trying to make it down there in the next few weeks.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good