News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Need some SC help

Started by peter p, August 21, 2013, 17:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter p

Hey Gang

The neighbor just asked me if I had any interest in going to the SC coast in mid october to do some surf fishing.   We would prefer to hit OBX, but that is too much windshield time for a quick weekend.  I have not taken a cast in the surf in at least 25 years.   So, I am looking for some help.   Any suggestions on areas to start looking at?   I don't anticipate this being a hard core fishing trip.  Probably more of a drinking beer, hanging out, and a few hours each day staring at the ocean hoping that something swims by and is hungry.   Thanks in advance for any information you can share.       
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Take your passport (it's a foreign country) and plenty of beer 8) BTW, be sure and ask Phil, he's an expert on SC /'/
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

benben reincarnated

You'll do fine Peter.  Fish will want to get hooked so they can go back and tell their friends Peter caught them.

Jfey

Pm StoneMan you'll get more info than you'll know what to do with.  That and what Steelrain said. 
Yup, going fishing

rbphoto

Charleston.

Flats, inlets, creeks, ICW, etc.

PM Clemsontigerfan (sp?) and see what he can lead you towards.

Stock up on flies.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Quote from: steelrain202 on August 21, 2013, 18:39:27 PM
10wt sinking tip clousers low tide

I see you changed your opinion on 10 wts in salt  :P

Quote from: steelrain202 on July 15, 2013, 20:01:36 PM
10wt? you going after Tarpon? you really dont need anything more than a 7, 8 at the most.

Clemsontygerfan

I'm in Charleston.  Forget MB unless you're wanting to buy hermit crabs and YOLO shirts.  We'll get you set up (getting details from Ben right now).

Clemsontygerfan

Not sure if it's proper to promote other boards on this forum but this one in particular has some good info for Charleston.  Check out http://www.charlestonfishing.com/.  It used to be really good but then every yahoo bought a boat and then got on the internet so you have to take the info with a grain of salt.

sanjuanwormhatch

peter p

Thanks everyone.  I have a place to start now.   
Peter

The Dude

The astronomical high tides of September and October creates good wading opportunities in the flats for big reds.................

It's also a great time for shrimping.  The shrimp are quite large in October.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Michael Toris

What is a normal tide vs a flood tide (in feet) in Charleston? It seems that you may not really need a true flood tide there.