Everybody, I guess, needs a mokki.

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 21, 2008, 07:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I WANTED to build a cottage in our backyard. The problem was my wife. I had to do it before she noticed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/garden/21mokki.html ;hb
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Kinda defeats the purpose, building it in his own back yard  ???
Looks to me like his peaceful haven can be interupted, by a mere 50ft.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Why not just kill your wife and bury her in the backyard ;hb >:D ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Stone-Man

About 20 years ago, I stick built a 20X24 shop in my back yard.  It is full of fishing tackle and various other pieces of metal that make my company run. Plus I keep a few quarts of white likker in there.

I never have regretted building the shop (escape)

JT

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Oldman

I prefer to call it the K-9 castle, or mancave. The wife calls it the doghouse. By the way, mine is 2300 sq ft. with 600 heated, cooled with shower, commode, vanity, kitchen and of course........................................................ urinal.

Tool time Tim would be jealous.

Gofisher

Vanity? Is that another name for a tying table?  ;D

Oldman

No. I got an huge old desk some huge old school teacher probably once had sitting in the corner for that. The drawers got to be 2' long. Perfect for the paddle she probably had.

Gofisher

A vanity would be left in the house, it doesn't belong in a "man" room. You're not gay are you?  ???

*By gay I mean, dancing around the room with your hands in the air, and singing Abba...

Oldman

Lets just say that while I am trout fishing, taking pictures of butterflies is the farthest thing from my mind.