News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Helton Help

Started by marc. p., October 11, 2010, 10:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc. p.

How is Helton Creek fishing?  Particularly just up from the new river.
"I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief... For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

Wendell Berry

Woolly Bugger

ain't but one way to find out for sure.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

cmiller51h

So that means it's empty now!!!! :o
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Trout Maharishi

Viva la Mexico!  <-;: They will be stocked again the first week in Nov, send me $20 and I will tell you what day. I mean, you are a stocking truck chaser aren't you? >:D ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

diaz dassie

Try the VA side, the headwaters are a trip. As far as the stocked section? I don't know anything about this or stockers... ^-^
Make sure you have a VA trout stamp and fishing permit, coz unlike our bullshit state of NC, they actually check licenses...regularly

Leedawg

Helton is good if you wanna bang stockers, but Va is prettier. Hwy 58 all the way to Abington holds nice trout and bronzebacks. Dont speed. Thats where I got my last ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamonddave7676

I was up at Helton on monday after another place didnt pan out.  The water levels are very very low and it was very hard fishing.  I saw very few fish and the ones I did see were in still water and almost impossible to catch.  If I were you I would wait until we got some rain before going up there. 

marc. p.

I refer to DH water as whorehouse fishing.  You know its there, you just show up.  Having said that, my daughters birthday is Saturday and she wants to catch some fish so I figured DH is the best bet for her.  How bout Stone Mountain or that one acre pond near Laurel Springs?
"I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief... For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

Wendell Berry